The Zangdok Palri isn't a fully purified realm?

Michael126unknown

The Zangdok Palri isn't a fully purified realm?

Post by Michael126unknown »

Raksashas and so on in Zangdok Palri... I have read that there is such a thing and the realm is not fully pure but it is harder comparatively to be reborn in Sukhavati. Why? I thought Amitabha's 18th vow was that even if you think ten thoughts of wanting to be reborn in his realm and recite his name a few times with sincere devotion you will be reborn there (Well... Maybe on the outskirts, and if so it will take a long time to be enlightened so if your Bodhicitta is strong you need to be serious). Is this question relevant for a Dzogchen practitioner in some way?
Thank you.
Soma999

Re: The Zangdok Palri isn't a fully purified realm?

Post by Soma999 »

There are different level of understandings. For exemple, hell realms may exists, but they also exists within us. For exemple when one is in deep anger he is in hot realms. Later, feeling sad and full of remorse cold is felt, guilt... the cold hell. Leaving hell is forgiveness, compassion...

So, things can be understood at different levels.

Pure realm could be specific realms joined after death where you perfect your practice on the path, of course.

But also, death is what happens at every second. We change, so we die and get born every day. Our cells die and reborn. Everything. We change.

But even though we reborn at each seconds, something inside does not change a lot, stay the same. We are holding our concepts, our desires... something inside change very slowly.

Could « being reborn in a pure land » means also that a part of ourself that inhabits this body evolve and reach a higher states of consciousness, which is the pure land ? A state of consciousness where our level of perception change ?

Then it is not a place to reach after death, but to reach right now. Being reborn in Sukhavati may also means : may i reach a state of boddicitta, wisdom, faith, energy where happiness is found and shared. And if you reside inside in Sukhavati, after death you will access more easily those pure land.

Concerning your question about Guru Rinpoche pure land. It may means you access the power to tame your own perceptions and negativity, and manifest a power to really manifest in a compasionnate ways, and turn your inner demons, redirect negative energy in a constructive way, which is what Guru Rinpoche did in Tibet. And there are also many forces to tame inside oneself.
Aryjna

Re: The Zangdok Palri isn't a fully purified realm?

Post by Aryjna »

Michael126unknown wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:11 am Raksashas and so on in Zangdok Palri... I have read that there is such a thing and the realm is not fully pure but it is harder comparatively to be reborn in Sukhavati. Why? I thought Amitabha's 18th vow was that even if you think ten thoughts of wanting to be reborn in his realm and recite his name a few times with sincere devotion you will be reborn there (Well... Maybe on the outskirts, and if so it will take a long time to be enlightened so if your Bodhicitta is strong you need to be serious). Is this question relevant for a Dzogchen practitioner in some way?
Thank you.
The rakshasas are in the same country but are outside of the "pure" part. That doesn't really matter though, because the goal is not to be born in the rakshasa area.

I've never heard that Sukhavati is considered more difficult. Usually, when a comparison is made, it is considered to be easier to get into.

Return to “Dzogchen”