translation of Dra Talgyur and its commentary by Vimalamitra

yagmort

translation of Dra Talgyur and its commentary by Vimalamitra

Post by yagmort »

it was announced some time ago that translation of Dra Talgyur and its commentary by Vimalamitra is in progress.

http://melong.com/the-drathalgyur-all-p ... nd-tantra/

since Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche and Elio Guarisco passed away, what is the status of this project?
stay open, spread love
Malcolm

Re: translation of Dra Talgyur and its commentary by Vimalamitra

Post by Malcolm »

yagmort wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:14 pm it was announced some time ago that translation of Dra Talgyur and its commentary by Vimalamitra is in progress.

http://melong.com/the-drathalgyur-all-p ... nd-tantra/

since Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche and Elio Guarisco passed away, what is the status of this project?
It never started. It however is my next project, with the encouragement of Adriano Clemente. It is a long text, so, maybe it will be published in four years. I think it has already been translated into French by JLA as far as I know.
yagmort

Post by yagmort »

thanks Malcolm, both for the reply and your efforts.
excuse my ignorance, what about vima nyingthig? was any of it translated? any ideas about full cycle translation?
stay open, spread love
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

yagmort wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:16 pm thanks Malcolm, both for the reply and your efforts.
excuse my ignorance, what about vima nyingthig? was any of it translated? any ideas about full cycle translation?
Bits and pieces, three phrases of Garab Dorje, seven nails of Shri singha, etc.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Who sucks up all the expense for that type of project?

I mean crowd source or go fund me page?
How brutal is the publishing business these days?
Super happy you’ve taken on this...
I’ll buy it forsure.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:39 pmIt never started.
:shock:

Officially it is nearing completion...
Malcolm wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:39 pmIt however is my next project, with the encouragement of Adriano Clemente.
That is great news.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
krodha

Post by krodha »

Apparently as of 2020 the Shang Shung Drataljur project still required 2 to 5 years to complete:

https://ka-ter.org/index.php/the-ka-ter ... e-austria/

Adriano Clemente update from last year:

yagmort

Post by yagmort »

that video can not be from the last year. Adriano is sayin "shortly, Elio Guarisco will start..."
stay open, spread love
krodha

Post by krodha »

yagmort wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:35 am that video can not be from the last year. Adriano is sayin "shortly, Elio Guarisco will start..."
It was uploaded to the Dzogchen Community Vimeo page 1 year ago.
yagmort

Post by yagmort »

i think this video is from the beginning of the project, circa 2015. Adriano is saying that Elio is only about to begin translation. one year ago covid was already at full swing, Elio passed away in November. ChNNR passed away in 2018. Adriano is talking like none of this happened.
stay open, spread love
krodha

Post by krodha »

yagmort wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:08 am i think this video is from the beginning of the project, circa 2015. Adriano is saying that Elio is only about to begin translation. one year ago covid was already at full swing, Elio passed away in November. ChNNR passed away in 2018. Adriano is talking like none of this happened.
You must be right then. I actually had not heard of Elio’s passing until now. How terrible.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

This was the first Norbunet update, sent May 27, 2015:
The translation of the source scripture of the entire Dzogchen Upadesha teaching, transmitted by Tönpa Nangwa Tampa, the first one of the twelve ancient Dzogchen teachers.

In the beginning of May 2015 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu gave the Lung-Transmission of the entire root-text and Rinpoche asked the translators of the Ka-Ter Translation Project - the main initiative of the Shang Shung Institute Austria - to make a precise and correct translation of this root-tantra.

The work of translation of the Tantra has already begun !!!!!

Up to now Jim Valby has been collecting the different versions of the text printed in various locations of Tibet and the Himalayas. He is in the final phase of placing side by side these version in Tibetan and in the Wylie transliteration system (a Romanized form) for the sake of comparison during the process of translation.

The actual translation will start in the coming weeks with Jim Valby producing step by step the basic draft supplemented with clarifying notes from the Commentary edited by Chogyal Namkhai Norbu.
Each part of the basic draft will be revised first by Elio Guarisco, and then by Adriano Clemente.

The work on the translation of the root-text will approximately last for one year.
The extensive work of translation of the Commentary edited by Chogyal Namkhai Norbu will begin officially once the Root Tantra has been translated.

On May 18, 2018, we are given this:
Last summer Jim Valby finished the initial draft of the Dra Thalgyur tantra, including hundreds of notes, and it's now being reviewed by Elio Guarisco.
Then on January 30, 2020 we are told that Elio is at the time busy doing the "revision, compilation of notes, and introduction to the rough draft translation of the Dra Thalgyur Root Tantra prepared by Jim Valby."
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
yagmort

Post by yagmort »

krodha wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:25 am How terrible.
it is.

Malcolm, will you make use of the work has already done by the original team? will Adriano and Jim continue to be a part of the project or it will be entirely your personal work?
stay open, spread love
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

yagmort wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:30 am
krodha wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:25 am How terrible.
it is.

Malcolm, will you make use of the work has already done by the original team? will Adriano and Jim continue to be a part of the project or it will be entirely your personal work?
Starting from scratch. But of course, I will consult Adriano where needed, and I have the support of Lama Chonam, and Tulku Dakpa, who will assist me when I need it.
bezoard

Post by bezoard »

Who is JLA, who has translated the text into french?

Thanks!
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

bezoard wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:18 pm Who is JLA, who has translated the text into french?

Thanks!
Jean-Luc Achard.

Return to “Dzogchen”