What Lungs were given winter 2015-2016 worldwide transmission Chogyal Namkhai Norbu?

Mordor_Yogi

What Lungs were given winter 2015-2016 worldwide transmission Chogyal Namkhai Norbu?

Post by Mordor_Yogi »

Hello Dharma Wheel,

I am trying to find out what Lungs Chogyal Namkhai Norbu gave in the worldwide webcast the winter of 2015-2016. I do not remember the exact dates but I believe there was only one such transmission given in the middle of that winter.

This is what I can find but it does not include the transmission that I received:
http://www.shangshungpublications.org/practices/

This list only goes back as far as the summer of 2016. I got the webcast transmission from Chogyal Namkhai Norbu during the winter of 2015-2016.

I do remember him reading through practices to give the Lung for them, but I cannot remember most of them. I am trying to figure out which practices I have the Lung for and am able to do no problem.

I feel fairly confident that he read the lung for Thun and Ganapuja, I remember him reading through protector practices, and I think for everything in the Thun book. I think he did Mandarava but I am not certain about this (at the time I had no idea what any of these terms meant). And what other practices did he read the Lung for?

I have searched online, talked to long time practitioners and SMS instructors both in email and in person, but have yet to find someone who knows what lungs were given at this specific transmission.

If anyone can help me get this information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!
Last edited by Mordor_Yogi on Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mordor_Yogi

Re: What Lungs were given with the winter of 2015-2016 worldwide transmission Chogyal Namkhai Norbu?

Post by Mordor_Yogi »

And although my memory is foggy of many details I believe the transmission was given from Dzamling Gar if that is helpful
Danny

Re: What Lungs were given winter 2015-2016 worldwide transmission Chogyal Namkhai Norbu?

Post by Danny »

Mordor_Yogi wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:08 pm Hello Dharma Wheel,

I am trying to find out what Lungs Chogyal Namkhai Norbu gave in the worldwide webcast the winter of 2015-2016. I do not remember the exact dates but I believe there was only one such transmission given in the middle of that winter.

This is what I can find but it does not include the transmission that I received:

This list only goes back as far as the summer of 2016. I got the webcast transmission from Chogyal Namkhai Norbu during the winter of 2015-2016.

I do remember him reading through practices to give the Lung for them, but I cannot remember most of them. I am trying to figure out which practices I have the Lung for and am able to do no problem.

I feel fairly confident that he read the lung for Thun and Ganapuja, I remember him reading through protector practices, and I think for everything in the Thun book. I think he did Mandarava but I am not certain about this (at the time I had no idea what any of these terms meant). And what other practices did he read the Lung for?

I have searched online, talked to long time practitioners and SMS instructors both in email and in person, but have yet to find someone who knows what lungs were given at this specific transmission.

Thank you so much!
Aloke

Re: What Lungs were given winter 2015-2016 worldwide transmission Chogyal Namkhai Norbu?

Post by Aloke »

Please, is there also a list for which Lungs where given in Guru Garab Dorje's Anniversary February 21, 2016? Thanks!
Mordor_Yogi

Post by Mordor_Yogi »

Danny wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:57 am
Mordor_Yogi wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:08 pm Hello Dharma Wheel,

Thank you so much!
Hello Danny, did you mean to reply as well or just re-quote the original question? I was slightly confused and was wondering if you meant to include more.
Mordor_Yogi

Post by Mordor_Yogi »

Aloke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:42 am Please, is there also a list for which Lungs where given in Guru Garab Dorje's Anniversary February 21, 2016? Thanks!
If that was a world wide transmission webcast then this may be the one I am inquiring about. Unless there was more than one that winter, but I believe there was only one during those cold months. I would appreciate this info as well. Thank you for pinning down a more specific date as I could not remember exactly when it happened.
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

I guess the lungs given Will become clear when they finnish the video replay catalog. Hope so
Danny

Post by Danny »

To the Op.
Do you recall if it was restricted webcast or open?
Also have you tried reaching out to any local Gars, or contact the DC folks in general?

All the best

I just checked my notes - the latest dates I have are from the early to mid 20’s.
Last edited by Danny on Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Tata1 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:33 pm I guess the lungs given Will become clear when they finnish the video replay catalog. Hope so
I’d be surprised if the lungs were left in.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Btw if anyone, talking too old timers mostly, that can help me out with the melody for the Vajrapani practice, could you please PM me.
Or can just say oh it’s like Amitayus long life or like that practice...

I wouldn’t ask if it wasn’t important health wise.
Thanks
Trinley

Post by Trinley »

There is an mp3 file that could can purchase for the Vajrapani practice, through SSI..
Danny

Post by Danny »

Trinley wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:15 pm There is an mp3 file that could can purchase for the Vajrapani practice, through SSI..
Yeah .. I know.
Mordor_Yogi

Post by Mordor_Yogi »

Danny wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:54 pm To the Op.
Do you recall if it was restricted webcast or open?
Also have you tried reaching out to any local Gars, or contact the DC folks in general?

All the best

I just checked my notes - the latest dates I have are from the early to mid 20’s.
I don't remember if it was restricted or open. I do remember him reading through some protector practices from the Thun book afterward, I remember the Ekajati one in particular, that stands out to me.

In the week before I joined the webcast I talked to people on the phone who were describing to me the practice of guru yoga to help do it during the webcast where transmission/direct introduction was given.

I have talked to people involved in a nearby DC Gar in person and online, so far I have not found out which lungs were given at this transmission I received. Some SMS teachers emphasize the need for specific lungs for each practice, some do not emphasize this. If I could figure out which lungs I received it would greatly simplify things for me.

Thank you for checking your notes, I appreciate the effort.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I’ll keep sniffing around for you.
Hopefully we can get some resolution.
Have you tried the mirror for those years?
Often Rinpoches retreats and so forth would be mentioned in that publication.

http://melong.com/wp-content/uploads/20 ... 144dpi.pdf
Danny

Post by Danny »

Trinley wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:15 pm There is an mp3 file that could can purchase for the Vajrapani practice, through SSI..
Thanks trinley. Sorry for not being gracious.

🙉
Aloke

Post by Aloke »

Mordor_Yogi wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:48 pm
Aloke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:42 am Please, is there also a list for which Lungs where given in Guru Garab Dorje's Anniversary February 21, 2016? Thanks!
If that was a world wide transmission webcast then this may be the one I am inquiring about. Unless there was more than one that winter, but I believe there was only one during those cold months. I would appreciate this info as well. Thank you for pinning down a more specific date as I could not remember exactly when it happened.
Yes, February 21, 2016, was a World Wide Transmission as it was Guru Garab Dorje's Anniversary, one of the 3 dates in which CNNR used to give World Wide Transmissions (the other 2 where Guru Padmasambhava's Anniversary, and Adzom Drukpa's Anniversary). Your most welcome!
Aloke

Post by Aloke »

Tata1 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:33 pm I guess the lungs given Will become clear when they finnish the video replay catalog. Hope so
This would be great! Hope so too!
Mordor_Yogi

Post by Mordor_Yogi »

Aloke wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:56 am
Yes, February 21, 2016, was a World Wide Transmission as it was Guru Garab Dorje's Anniversary, one of the 3 dates in which CNNR used to give World Wide Transmissions (the other 2 where Guru Padmasambhava's Anniversary, and Adzom Drukpa's Anniversary). Your most welcome!
Great, thank you so much. This has helped me at least get more specific. I will be able to give people an exact date now for when I got the transmission which I had previously forgotten.

Like you I am hoping all the Lungs are revealed with the video library they are working on.
Aloke

Post by Aloke »

Mordor_Yogi wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:54 pm
Aloke wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:56 am

Great, thank you so much. This has helped me at least get more specific. I will be able to give people an exact date now for when I got the transmission which I had previously forgotten.

Like you I am hoping all the Lungs are revealed with the video library they are working on.
Your welcome! :anjali: Will this video library become available in the webcast site?

Return to “Dzogchen”