Terdak Lingpa Khandro Nyingthig/Yangthig???

GrapeLover

Re: Terdak Lingpa Khandro Nyingthig/Yangthig???

Post by GrapeLover »

So, after egoless factual checking (as you hate mistakes remaining uncorrected on this site)
Behave 😭
Yungdrung Gyalpo

Post by Yungdrung Gyalpo »

GrapeLover wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:00 am
So, after egoless factual checking (as you hate mistakes remaining uncorrected on this site)
Behave 😭
Sorry, basically, he is right and I am wrong, on the point that really matters – whether there are Klong gsal quotes in the dGongs pa zang thal or not. I am not being silly or mean, just behaving according to the rule he has given to me, that we do not care about people's egos, just about the facts and the truth. Maybe French-style humour is offensive to Americans, I do not know; in my culture, it is actually a way to make the whole thing a bit cooler. Sorry if we do not have the same codes, I am not aware.
mutsuk

Post by mutsuk »

Yungdrung Gyalpo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:09 am he is right ...
In a very idiomatic form, I'd say I ain't no he... :thinking:
Yungdrung Gyalpo

mutsuk wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:29 am
Be it as it may, this Khandro Nyingthik / Gongpa Zangthal issue is of the greatest interest to me. In most classical, pure, "unmixed" Gongpa Zangthal manual that we have, that of Zurchen Chöying Rangdrol, there is already (if I remember well, but, once again, I am speaking of the basis of my memory which seems to be getting weaker…) quite a tendency to combine the two. And it is fascinating to me that Tülku Tsullo, who goes so far as to remove even all the Kadak Rangjung Rangshar elements from his Gongpa Zangthal manual, there is such a strong hidden presence of the Khandro Nyingthik. It is remarkable precisely because he has a strong tendency to refuse to male use of any non-Gongpa Zangthal materials and could have made use of many other texts of Longchenpa if he just needed a structural canvas to compose his manual. It is not also out of a lack of knowledge of other resources or a personal, subjective, fascination for the Khandro Nyingthik. I think that I am familiar enough with his writings to say that he really must have some agenda – but I do not know enough to be sure of precisely what. I should study the Khandro Nyingthik more. Thanks for the impulsion you gave me in that direction.
Last edited by Yungdrung Gyalpo on Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yungdrung Gyalpo

mutsuk wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:29 am
Sorry if you are a she or something else even. I have no clue who you are, sorry…
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Yungdrung Gyalpo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:45 amNow, by the way, there is a practice manual of the Lung phag mo zab rgya by Tülku Tsullo, and, according to his understanding at least, one should visualize oneself as Hayagriva in union with Vajravarahi, not the other way round. I do not say that to object to what Malcolm wrote, but for further inquiry.
The main deity is Vajravārāhī, she is the main deity that is generated. All you have to do is check the Mka’ ‘gro lnga’i mchod pa’i phrin las kyi rim pa shes bya ba, and you will see this is so. Her description is first, as would normally be the case with the male principle, and Hayagriva's is second. Her description is comparatively detailed, his is a mere four lines. This is not from that text precisely, being from the later Tennyi Lingpa yang gter, but it is substantially the same:

གདན་སྟེང་ཡི་གེ་ཧྲཱིཿམའི་འཕྲོ་འདུ་ལས༔ གྲི་གུག་ཐོད་པ་འོད་དུ་ཞུ་བ་ལས༔ བདག་ཉིད་རྡོ་རྗེ་ཕག་མོ་སྐུ་མདོག་དམར༔ ཞལ་གཅིག་ཕྱག་གཉིས་ཞབས་གཉིས་བརྐྱང་བསྐུམ་མཛད༔ ཁྲོ་ཞལ་དམར་པོ་སྤྱན་གསུམ་མཆེ་བ་གཙིགས༔ དབུ་སྐྲ་སེར་པོ་མེ་ལོང་དྲིལ་བུས་བརྒྱན༔ སྤྱི་གཙུག་ཕག་ཞལ་ནག་མོ་ངུར་སྒྲ་སྒྲོག༔ ཕྱག་གཡས་གྲི་གུག་གཡོན་པས་ཐོད་པ་བསྣམས༔ མཆན་ཁུང་གཡོན་དུ་ཁ་ཊྭཱཾ་ཌཱ་རུ་འཛིན༔ རུས་པའི་རྒྱན་དྲུག་སྐུ་ལ་མཛེས་པར་བརྒྱན༔ མེ་རི་འབར་བའི་ཀློང་ན་འགྱིང་བག་བཞུགས༔ དཔའ་བོ་རྟ་མགྲིན་དམར་པོ་གར་སྟབས་མཛད༔ དབུ་གཙུག་རྟ་མགོ་ལྗང་གུ་རྟ་སྐད་འཚེར༔ ཕྱག་གཡས་གྲི་གུག་གཡོན་པས་ཐོད་པ་བསྣམས༔ དུར་ཁྲོད་ཆས་ཀྱིས་དཔའ་བོའི་སྐུ་ལ་བརྒྱན༔

I have seen thankas of this, but they are not available in public.

In the end it does not matter much, since both forms are present in the KN/KY, that is Hayagriva as the principle, and Vārāhī as the principle.
Yungdrung Gyalpo

Malcolm wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:16 pmགདན་སྟེང་ཡི་གེ་ཧྲཱིཿམའི་འཕྲོ་འདུ་ལས༔ གྲི་གུག་ཐོད་པ་འོད་དུ་ཞུ་བ་ལས༔ བདག་ཉིད་རྡོ་རྗེ་ཕག་མོ་སྐུ་མདོག་དམར༔ ཞལ་གཅིག་ཕྱག་གཉིས་ཞབས་གཉིས་བརྐྱང་བསྐུམ་མཛད༔ ཁྲོ་ཞལ་དམར་པོ་སྤྱན་གསུམ་མཆེ་བ་གཙིགས༔ དབུ་སྐྲ་སེར་པོ་མེ་ལོང་དྲིལ་བུས་བརྒྱན༔ སྤྱི་གཙུག་ཕག་ཞལ་ནག་མོ་ངུར་སྒྲ་སྒྲོག༔ ཕྱག་གཡས་གྲི་གུག་གཡོན་པས་ཐོད་པ་བསྣམས༔ མཆན་ཁུང་གཡོན་དུ་ཁ་ཊྭཱཾ་ཌཱ་རུ་འཛིན༔ རུས་པའི་རྒྱན་དྲུག་སྐུ་ལ་མཛེས་པར་བརྒྱན༔ མེ་རི་འབར་བའི་ཀློང་ན་འགྱིང་བག་བཞུགས༔ དཔའ་བོ་རྟ་མགྲིན་དམར་པོ་གར་སྟབས་མཛད༔ དབུ་གཙུག་རྟ་མགོ་ལྗང་གུ་རྟ་སྐད་འཚེར༔ ཕྱག་གཡས་གྲི་གུག་གཡོན་པས་ཐོད་པ་བསྣམས༔ དུར་ཁྲོད་ཆས་ཀྱིས་དཔའ་བོའི་སྐུ་ལ་བརྒྱན༔
བཀའ་དྲིན་ཆེ་གྲངས་མེད་ཞུ།
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:16 pm I have seen thankas of this, but they are not available in public.
This one does not have the khatvanga, but it is close enough:

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/vaj ... nvas-print

Return to “Dzogchen”