Garchen Rinpoche Yangzab Empowerment

KonchogUrgyenNyima

Garchen Rinpoche Yangzab Empowerment

Post by KonchogUrgyenNyima »

Hello all,

H.E. Garchen Rinpoche is giving a yangzab empowerment called “embodiment of the precious ones” in june. I don’t think it’s on the GBI site yet, i think i saw it on facebook. Can anyone tell me anything about this empowerment?

Is it a guru rinpoche empowerment? Or for a certain practice? Any info is lovely. Thank you.
Inedible

Re: Garchen Rinpoche Yangzab Empowerment Soon

Post by Inedible »

If this is an empowerment to study and practice Dzogchen, how would someone like me get in on it? And if it is during my work hours, maybe a recording to watch afterward?
thogme19

Post by thogme19 »

on GBI's website already.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

"From the Yangzab Terma Dzogchen Cycle of the Yangzab Konchok Chidu." Argh. Still not clear which cycle it comes from -- if anybody is in the know, do feel free to share, please.

A related topic: where does the Kurukulle whose initiation Rinpoche will bestow (https://www.garchen.de/index.php/en/pro ... ardo2021en) in a week's time come from?

Thanks!
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Inedible wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:39 am If this is an empowerment to study and practice Dzogchen, how would someone like me get in on it? And if it is during my work hours, maybe a recording to watch afterward?
How about asking the organizers directly? I believe it is more secure that your question will be answered.
heart

Post by heart »

KonchogUrgyenNyima wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:30 am Hello all,

H.E. Garchen Rinpoche is giving a yangzab empowerment called “embodiment of the precious ones” in june. I don’t think it’s on the GBI site yet, i think i saw it on facebook. Can anyone tell me anything about this empowerment?

Is it a guru rinpoche empowerment? Or for a certain practice? Any info is lovely. Thank you.
It is called Könchok Chidu and it isn't from the Drikung Yangzab but from the Terton Jatson Nyingpo. It is a complete Dzogchen cycle with practices for Ngondro, Guru, Yidam and Dakini and instructions on completion stage and Rushan, Trechö and Tögal.

The name in Tibetan "bka' rdzogs pa chen po yang zab dkon mchog spyi 'dus" as you can see the name includes Yangzab.

/magnus
Last edited by heart on Thu May 27, 2021 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
treehuggingoctopus

heart wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:25 am

It is called Könchok Chidu and it isn't from the Drikung Yangzab but from the Terton Jatson Nyingpo. It is a complete Dzogchen cycle with practices for Ngondro, Guru, Yidam and Dakini and instructions on completion stage and Rushan, Trechö and Tögal.

/magnus
And yet they say: "From the Yangzab Terma Dzogchen Cycle of the Yangzab Konchok Chidu."

So, Yangzab or Konchok Chindu?

Edmond Jabès
ratna

Post by ratna »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:27 am So, Yangzab or Konchok Chindu?
It's Konchok Chidu. As Heart said above, "yang zab" is included in the long title of Jatson Nyingpo's terma. It's often called Yangzab Konchok Chidu, the "Ultra-profound embodiment of the Precious Ones." It's unrelated to Rinchen Phuntsok's Yangzab terma.
heart

Post by heart »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:27 am

/magnus
And yet they say: "From the Yangzab Terma Dzogchen Cycle of the Yangzab Konchok Chidu."

The name in Tibetan "bka' rdzogs pa chen po yang zab dkon mchog spyi 'dus" as you can see the name includes Yangzab.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
treehuggingoctopus

heart wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:20 am

/magnus

/magnus
Yes I know. It would be crystal clear if they just wrote "the Yangzab Konchok Chindu." But they also talk of "the Yangzab Terma Dzogchen Cycle," and in the Drikung context that would normally mean Rinchen Phutsok's Yangzab. Hence my confusion.

Edmond Jabès
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:40 am

/magnus
Yes I know. It would be crystal clear if they just wrote "the Yangzab Konchok Chindu." But they also talk of "the Yangzab Terma Dzogchen Cycle," and in the Drikung context that would normally mean Rinchen Phutsok's Yangzab. Hence my confusion.
Perhaps people who wrote flier do not know the difference.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Malcolm wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:45 am Perhaps people who wrote flier do not know the difference.
Most probable. GBI often gets these things wrong if I remember correctly.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
treehuggingoctopus

Malcolm wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:45 am

/magnus
Perhaps people who wrote flier do not know the difference.
That's my hunch as well.

Edmond Jabès
heart

Post by heart »

/magnus
They probably don't know themselves. But since there is no Könchok Chidu in the YangZab it makes sense that it is the "bka' rdzogs pa chen po yang zab dkon mchog spyi 'dus".

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

treehuggingoctopus

ratna wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:47 am
treehuggingoctopus wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:27 am So, Yangzab or Konchok Chindu?
It's Konchok Chidu. As Heart said above, "yang zab" is included in the long title of Jatson Nyingpo's terma. It's often called Yangzab Konchok Chidu, the "Ultra-profound embodiment of the Precious Ones." It's unrelated to Rinchen Phuntsok's Yangzab terma.
heart wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:39 pmsince there is no Könchok Chidu in the YangZab it makes sense that it is the "bka' rdzogs pa chen po yang zab dkon mchog spyi 'dus".

/magnus
Thank you, Ratna & Magnus!

Edmond Jabès
KonchogUrgyenNyima

Thank you all so much for your replies. This has been super helpful. Does anyone have any detailed info on the lineage of konchog chidu?
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

KonchogUrgyenNyima wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:02 pm Thank you all so much for your replies. This has been super helpful. Does anyone have any detailed info on the lineage of konchog chidu?
There’s always an empowerment history with HEGR empowerment’s
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

KonchogUrgyenNyima wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:02 pm Thank you all so much for your replies. This has been super helpful. Does anyone have any detailed info on the lineage of konchog chidu?
It was revealed by Rigzin Jatson Nyingpo, who lived in the 17th century. He declared that he was the actual re-emanation (yang sprul) of Guru Rinpoche, and based on this and other things, the Konchog Chidu was probably the most widely practiced cycle of Guru RInpoche practice until Jigme Lingpa's time. It is still the main practice of Dzogchen monastery. Moreover, it gained prominence at Kathok Monastery, whose lineage holders, from Rigzin Duddul Dorje on down, held it as their main practice.
KonchogUrgyenNyima

Konchog Thogme Jampa wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:04 pm
There’s always an empowerment history with HEGR empowerment’s
Thank you for the reminder to listen closely
KonchogUrgyenNyima

Malcolm wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:12 pm
It was revealed by Rigzin Jatson Nyingpo, who lived in the 17th century. He declared that he was the actual re-emanation (yang sprul) of Guru Rinpoche, and based on this and other things, the Konchog Chidu was probably the most widely practiced cycle of Guru RInpoche practice until Jigme Lingpa's time. It is still the main practice of Dzogchen monastery. Moreover, it gained prominence at Kathok Monastery, whose lineage holders, from Rigzin Duddul Dorje on down, held it as their main practice.
Wow thank you, this was really helpful. I hope Rinpoche gives the whole three roots practice.

I know someone who has declared themselves the reincarnation of Guru Rinpoche. Interesting thing. I found it hard to believe haha. Rigdzin Jatson Nyingpo must have been an amazing person.

Return to “Dzogchen”