Garchen Rinpoche Yangzab Empowerment

Natan

Re: Garchen Rinpoche Yangzab Empowerment

Post by Natan »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:57 pm
Crazywisdom wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:53 pm One might think to ask a Drikung Kagyu lama, as in someone qualified by the lineage to answer questions about Drikung Kagyu teachings.
Konchog Chidu is widely spread in Nyingma and Kagyu. The reason it spread widely in the latter is due to it being a principle practice of Situ Panchen of Palpung.

Rinchen Phuntsog's earlier treasure cycle, dgongs pa yang zab, etc., also has yang zab in the title of the cycle. So people became a little confused as to what cycle Garchen Rinpoche was actually giving.
Glad you cleared that up.
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

GrapeLover wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:06 pm
KonchogUrgyenNyima wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:22 am
GrapeLover wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:59 am Looks like Khenchen Lama Rinpoche is giving the lung for a Konchok Chidu sadhana tomorrow morning (U.K. time) on Facebook, but may be late for those in America.

https://bit.ly/2SlwxG5
Rinpoche gave the lung for all 3 roots and also blessing to do self empowerment for Konchok Chidu. Very nice indeed
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Crazywisdom wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:29 pm
Crazywisdom wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:53 pm One might think to ask a Drikung Kagyu lama, as in someone qualified by the lineage to answer questions about Drikung Kagyu teachings.
Konchog Chidu is widely spread in Nyingma and Kagyu. The reason it spread widely in the latter is due to it being a principle practice of Situ Panchen of Palpung.

Rinchen Phuntsog's earlier treasure cycle, dgongs pa yang zab, etc., also has yang zab in the title of the cycle. So people became a little confused as to what cycle Garchen Rinpoche was actually giving.
For the record, I have received the empowerments and lungs for both cycles.
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:58 pm

I would love to receive the Khandro Nyinthig I think it’s from the Drikung Yangzab have the texts from Eric Fry Miller but there’s never been a transmission online anyway that I know of! :smile:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Konchog Thogme Jampa wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:23 pm

I would love to receive the Khandro Nyinthig I think it’s from the Drikung Yangzab have the texts from Eric Fry Miller but there’s never been a transmission online anyway that I know of! :smile:
The Khandro Nyinthig is a terma of Pema Ledrel Tsal and Longchenpa. The dgongs pa yang zab of Rinchen Phuntosk is an appendix to that practice. Rinchen Phuntsog claimed to be the tulku of Longchenpa's son. What is present on Fry-Miller's page is a short commentary on the Khandro Nyinthig written by Rinchen Phuntsok.
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:18 pm
Konchog Thogme Jampa wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:23 pm

The Khandro Nyinthig is a terma of Pema Ledrel Tsal and Longchenpa. The dgongs pa yang zab of Rinchen Phuntosk is an appendix to that practice. Rinchen Phuntsog claimed to be the tulku of Longchenpa's son. What is present on Fry-Miller's page is a short commentary on the Khandro Nyinthig written by Rinchen Phuntsok.
Thanks Malcolm this is the text I have:

http://www.buddhavisions.com/shop/khan ... taries/

I purchased it with the hope of receiving transmission in the future! :smile:
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Interesting thread. Question: There is a "tsewang" related to Konchok Chidu, correct? Does it differ from the 7 empowerments Malcolm commented on?

And for the record, Kongtrul himself said his main practice, at least in later years, was Gyalwa Gyamtso, the 5 and 9 deity mandalas. He claimed this was his "framework" but of course it's impossible to really say what someone like him considered "the main practice"--he comments also on Mahamudra as his main practice, as well.... But he did certainly practice the whole Konchok Chidu cycle, soup to nuts, as it were. Early on, he did retreat on the whole cycle. Also focused on Lama Gongdu, early on.

Konchok Chidu is indeed widespread in Karma Kagyu--and elsewhere. It is often used for various "blessing" functions--new houses, shrines, even weddings. I love Konchok ChiDu practice.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

ratna wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:28 am The Yangzab Shitro empowerment presented the four empowerments as the standard Dzogchen four, elaborate, unelaborate, very unelaborate, extremely unelaborate; then there was an additional fifth empowerment called something like "entirely unelaborate" (kun tu spros med) related to Thogal and this one was referred to as the rig pa'i rtsal dbang in the empowerment text.
Thanks. Did the Tsewang Dzinpa one also include this?
ratna

Post by ratna »

Passing By wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:20 am Thanks. Did the Tsewang Dzinpa one also include this?
I'm not sure.
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

Passing By wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:20 am
ratna wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:28 am The Yangzab Shitro empowerment presented the four empowerments as the standard Dzogchen four, elaborate, unelaborate, very unelaborate, extremely unelaborate; then there was an additional fifth empowerment called something like "entirely unelaborate" (kun tu spros med) related to Thogal and this one was referred to as the rig pa'i rtsal dbang in the empowerment text.
Tsewang Dzinpa is an anuyoga system with ati view.
If I remember correct there was descent of blessings, body, speech and mind empowerments, for instant arising, tsa lung, then bindu bliss practices, then the mind empowerment. Then a crystal was held up but no translating. Then an activity empowerment? Five hum syllables of the colors emit from our limbs. Then a menrak empowerment.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

bryandavis wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:17 pm
Everything that is anuyoga has an ati view.
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:58 pm
Everything that is anuyoga has an ati view.
Passing by asked about what was in the tsewang dzinpa wang. Mostly when Garchen Rinpoche gives empowerments regardless if ati anu maha, or a yogini tantra etc, he just says "this empowerment belongs to the anutarayoga, or unsurpassed tanta class."

He is very nebulas at times, was writting for those new to him.

Good to be clear.

Also Lopon Malcom, could you say a bit on the menrak empowerment. What is the seed planted and tibetan name.

And.... do you play the keyboard or synth? Lol. I had a prophetic dream.

:cheers:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

bryandavis wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:17 am
And.... do you play the keyboard or synth? Lol. I had a prophetic dream.

:cheers:
I used to be a musician, and played everything.
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

Ati Korg Rhodes sound emptiness display it is then.
Rock on.
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

Passing By wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:20 am
If I remember correct there was descent of blessings, body, speech and mind empowerments, for instant arising, tsa lung, then bindu bliss practices, then the mind empowerment. Then a crystal was held up but no translating. Then an activity empowerment? Five hum syllables of the colors emit from our limbs. Then a menrak empowerment.
ratna wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:32 am
Passing By wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:20 am Thanks. Did the Tsewang Dzinpa one also include this?
I'm not sure.
Thanks both
n8pee

Post by n8pee »

bryandavis wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:36 am Ati Korg Rhodes sound emptiness display it is then.
Rock on.
Thereupon the Blessed One arose from that meditative absorption and said, 'Yes, Yes, it should be just so.'

Return to “Dzogchen”