Garchen Rinpoche Yangzab Empowerment

Xtiva

Re: Garchen Rinpoche Yangzab Empowerment Soon

Post by Xtiva »

Here is the link to the Empowerment https://drikungseattle.org/events/ for everyone waiting.
lucidaromulus

Post by lucidaromulus »

is this a mahayoga or atiyoga empowerment?
also is this a rigpa tsal wang?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

lucidaromulus wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:21 pm is this a mahayoga or atiyoga empowerment?
It is anuyoga, and can include the rig pa rtsal wang, at the lama’s discretion.

The main sadhana itself can be practiced as either a mahayoga or an anuyoga practice, and the root text contains instructions for maha, anu, and ati yoga.
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:56 pm
lucidaromulus wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:21 pm is this a mahayoga or atiyoga empowerment?
That's the 4th one after the Mind empowerment right? Until now I still don't know if there's a formal "official" format a rig pai tsal wang should look like or does literally any pointing out count as one
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Passing By wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:19 pm
Malcolm wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:56 pm
That's the 4th one after the Mind empowerment right? Until now I still don't know if there's a formal "official" format a rig pai tsal wang should look like or does literally any pointing out count as one
Not in this particular empowerment, in this one it’s the fifth empowerment.
lucidaromulus

Post by lucidaromulus »

Thank you Malcolm!

Anybody knows if the empowerment given by Garchen Rinpoche will be for Guru, Yidam and Dakini or just the Guru part?
heart

Post by heart »

lucidaromulus wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:05 pm Thank you Malcolm!

Anybody knows if the empowerment given by Garchen Rinpoche will be for Guru, Yidam and Dakini or just the Guru part?
Kagyu lamas sometimes give just the guru part.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:56 pm

/magnus
The main empowerment always includes the yidam and dakini, since in the Konchog Chidu, the three roots are the outer guru, the inner guru, and the secret guru.
heart

Post by heart »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:04 pm

/magnus
The main empowerment always includes the yidam and dakini, since in the Konchog Chidu, the three roots are the outer guru, the inner guru, and the secret guru.
Can there be other empowerment manuals? I don't read Tibetan so I can't check. For example, a friend insisted that there was separate empowerment for each deity. Also there is this sadhana with only the peaceful Guru, from a Kagyu lama.

Both Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche and Tulku Dakpa gave it the way you mention above.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:14 pm
Malcolm wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:04 pm

/magnus
Can there be other empowerment manuals? I don't read Tibetan so I can't check. For example, a friend insisted that there was separate empowerment for each deity. Also there is this sadhana with only the peaceful Guru, from a Kagyu lama.

Both Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche and Tulku Dakpa gave it the way you mention above.

/magnus
Karma Chakme wrote independent manuals for Drakpo and Simhamukha, but in the root texts, there is only one empowerment which covers the peaceful guru, the wrathful guru, and the guru as dakini.
lucidaromulus

Post by lucidaromulus »

Thank you again Malcolm. Learnt alot by reading your replies :namaste:
namoh

Post by namoh »

Malcolm,
That’s interesting about Karma Chagme. Is that the source of the initiations used in the Kamtsang tradition here? I’ve always been familiar with the empowerments being individual short initiations for peaceful guru, long life guru, guru drakpo and simhamukha. I had no idea there was a full three roots empowerment. Presumably a torwang?
heart

Post by heart »

namoh wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:33 pm Malcolm,
That’s interesting about Karma Chagme. Is that the source of the initiations used in the Kamtsang tradition here? I’ve always been familiar with the empowerments being individual short initiations for peaceful guru, long life guru, guru drakpo and simhamukha. I had no idea there was a full three roots empowerment. Presumably a torwang?
Taklung tsetrul rinpoche gave us a full two day empowerment, so that is a wangchen.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

namoh

Post by namoh »

Wow! Very interesting, thank you.
tony_montana

Post by tony_montana »

heart wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:50 am
Taklung tsetrul rinpoche gave us a full two day empowerment, so that is a wangchen.

/magnus
I apologize for going off topic, but what is the difference between wangchen and wangkur? Or are they the same thing?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

tony_montana wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:56 am
heart wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:50 am

/magnus
I apologize for going off topic, but what is the difference between wangchen and wangkur? Or are they the same thing?
The same thing.
Javierfv1212

Post by Javierfv1212 »

As someone who has received empowerments from HEGR before I am interested in attending. I wonder if the sadhana will be translated or if its available somewhere so that I can practice it afterwards though.
It is quite impossible to find the Buddha anywhere other than in one's own mind.
A person who is ignorant of this may seek externally,
but how is it possible to find oneself through seeking anywhere other than in oneself?
Someone who seeks their own nature externally is like a fool who, giving a performance in the middle of a crowd, forgets who he is and then seeks everywhere else to find himself.
— Padmasambhava

Visit my site: https://sites.google.com/view/abhayajana/
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Javierfv1212 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:40 pm As someone who has received empowerments from HEGR before I am interested in attending. I wonder if the sadhana will be translated or if its available somewhere so that I can practice it afterwards though.
The sadhana for the Konchog Chidu has been translated many times.
Javierfv1212

Post by Javierfv1212 »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:43 pm
Javierfv1212 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:40 pm As someone who has received empowerments from HEGR before I am interested in attending. I wonder if the sadhana will be translated or if its available somewhere so that I can practice it afterwards though.
Is this it?

https://namobuddhapub.org/files/practic ... ebsite.pdf
It is quite impossible to find the Buddha anywhere other than in one's own mind.
A person who is ignorant of this may seek externally,
but how is it possible to find oneself through seeking anywhere other than in oneself?
Someone who seeks their own nature externally is like a fool who, giving a performance in the middle of a crowd, forgets who he is and then seeks everywhere else to find himself.
— Padmasambhava

Visit my site: https://sites.google.com/view/abhayajana/
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Javierfv1212 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:53 pm
Malcolm wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:43 pm
Is this it?

https://namobuddhapub.org/files/practic ... ebsite.pdf
Yes.

Return to “Dzogchen”