Garchen Rinpoche Yangzab Empowerment

Javierfv1212

Re: Garchen Rinpoche Yangzab Empowerment Soon

Post by Javierfv1212 »

Thank you
It is quite impossible to find the Buddha anywhere other than in one's own mind.
A person who is ignorant of this may seek externally,
but how is it possible to find oneself through seeking anywhere other than in oneself?
Someone who seeks their own nature externally is like a fool who, giving a performance in the middle of a crowd, forgets who he is and then seeks everywhere else to find himself.
— Padmasambhava

Visit my site: https://sites.google.com/view/abhayajana/
heart

Post by heart »

Javierfv1212 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:53 pm
Malcolm wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:43 pm
Javierfv1212 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:40 pm As someone who has received empowerments from HEGR before I am interested in attending. I wonder if the sadhana will be translated or if its available somewhere so that I can practice it afterwards though.
The sadhana for the Konchog Chidu has been translated many times.
Is this it?

https://namobuddhapub.org/files/practic ... ebsite.pdf
That is only the peaceful guru. The normal nyingma sadhana contains guru, longlife, four activities, yidam, dakini, tsog and so on.

Nalanda translations translated everything, ngondro, sadhana and instructions on kyerim and dzogchen.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:13 pm
Malcolm wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:43 pm

The sadhana for the Konchog Chidu has been translated many times.
Is this it?

That is only the peaceful guru. The normal nyingma sadhana contains guru, longlife, four activities, yidam, dakini, tsog and so on.

Nalanda translations translated everything, ngondro, sadhana and instructions on kyerim and dzogchen.

/magnus
Tulku Dakpa uses my translation. You can perhaps get it from him.
Javierfv1212

Post by Javierfv1212 »

/magnus
This seems to be the full thing

https://dokumen.tips/documents/konchok- ... geret.html

I didn't know it was so elaborate! You need tormas and stuff. Oh boy. Maybe the peaceful guru is enough.
Last edited by Javierfv1212 on Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is quite impossible to find the Buddha anywhere other than in one's own mind.
but how is it possible to find oneself through seeking anywhere other than in oneself?
Someone who seeks their own nature externally is like a fool who, giving a performance in the middle of a crowd, forgets who he is and then seeks everywhere else to find himself.
— Padmasambhava

heart

Post by heart »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:18 pm

Is this it?

/magnus
I got that, didn't know it was yours. :smile:

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:31 pm
Malcolm wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:18 pm

/magnus
I got that, didn't know it was yours. :smile:

/magnus
I do a lot of anonymous work...
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

Good teachings today :jedi:
Javierfv1212

Post by Javierfv1212 »

Very inspiring empowerment. I believe he gave the rigpa tsal Wang. This means I can read the Dzogchen tantras Malcolm has been translating now correct?
— Padmasambhava

lucidaromulus

Post by lucidaromulus »

have a few queries after the empowerment.

pardon the many queries, but i'm really interested to practice this daily so the least doubts i have the better.
also its my 2nd participation in GBI events, so i'm not sure who to reach out in GBI to ask queries like this.(if seasoned GBI members could provide a contact i would be much grateful)

1.What was he life force Kila empowerment?(the one after the 4th empowerment, basically the one brought forward to Day 1 as a session of teaching)
Was this a direct introduction/rigpa tsal wang?

2.What was that empowerment with the scripture and ali kali sanskrit vowels? (the one after the life force Kila)
it was mentioned that it was a Vajra Master empowerment but what does it empower one to perform/do?

3.What's Guru rinpoche as Tsewang tsimbam ?
it was mentioned at 1:05:21

4.What version of the Sadhana did Lama Abao transmit during the break?
It was rather lengthy:

5. At 1:05:41 it was mentioned that we can practice any other Guru Rinpoche Sadhana that we like.

Does this literally mean any?
Even from Chokling Treasures or Dudjom Treasures, or even from the pure vision of Vth Dalai Lama?

6. With this empowerments, can one practice the whole Konchog Chidu which includes the 3 roots or only the Lama part?
tony_montana

Question about Garchen Rinpoche Yangzab Empowerment

Post by tony_montana »

lucidaromulus wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:57 am have a few queries after the empowerment.

pardon the many queries, but i'm really interested to practice this daily so the least doubts i have the better.
also its my 2nd participation in GBI events, so i'm not sure who to reach out in GBI to ask queries like this.(if seasoned GBI members could provide a contact i would be much grateful)

1.What was he life force Kila empowerment?(the one after the 4th empowerment, basically the one brought forward to Day 1 as a session of teaching)
Was this a direct introduction/rigpa tsal wang?

2.What was that empowerment with the scripture and ali kali sanskrit vowels? (the one after the life force Kila)
it was mentioned that it was a Vajra Master empowerment but what does it empower one to perform/do?

3.What's Guru rinpoche as Tsewang tsimbam ?
it was mentioned at 1:05:21

4.What version of the Sadhana did Lama Abao transmit during the break?
It was rather lengthy:

5. At 1:05:41 it was mentioned that we can practice any other Guru Rinpoche Sadhana that we like.

Does this literally mean any?
Even from Chokling Treasures or Dudjom Treasures, or even from the pure vision of Vth Dalai Lama?

6. With this empowerments, can one practice the whole Konchog Chidu which includes the 3 roots or only the Lama part?
For #3, Tsewang Dzinpa refers to a Guru Rinpoche practice in the Drikung Kagyu. H.E. Garchen Rinpoche gave the Empowerment and a series of wonderful teachings in link to this that you can find in the Garchen Buddhist Institute Youtube channel (in the playlist section they are all collected ) link here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxF4IOF ... R0g8A3-2oa

Ina Bieler's Facebook page had the following writeup:
Tsewang Dzinpa Empowerment (the Guru Who Holds Power Over Life)
by H.E. Garchen Rinpoche
December 28, 2020 at 2:30 PM (Arizona MST)
A Description of Tsewang Dzinpa by H.E. Garchen Rinpoche
Tashi Delek!
All deities are subsumed within the syllable hūm̆̇. Thus, in this practice, we only visualize hūm̆̇. Likewise, all mantras are subsumed within hūm̆̇. Just as the Karma Kagyü and various other lineages practice hūm̆̇, the Tsewang Dzinpa practice is a practice of hūm̆̇.
As the name implies, Tsewang Dzinpa is a long-life practice and a practice that ‘brings under control.’ What does this mean? All external appearances are transformed into emptiness; they lack any concrete existence. For example, if your thoughts are brought under control, then whatever afflictive emotion arises will naturally disintegrate and transform into hūm̆̇. If your thoughts are not brought under control, and you get angry, you will fight with others. This is how you should understand the word ‘bringing under control.’
For example, the ‘sarva bighnān baṃ hūm̆̇ phaṭ’ Vajrakīlaya mantra means ‘bring all thoughts under control.’ Thoughts and hindrances are one and the same. All harm and outer obstacles are caused by karma accumulated with afflictive emotions, which themselves are created by our thoughts. When you meditate on hūm̆̇, all thoughts are shattered. Thus, the heart-essence of all deities and mantras is the syllable hūm̆̇.
In the Drikung Kagyü lineage, in Rinchen Phüntsok’s Hūm̆̇ Practice of the Wrathful Guru, everything transforms into red hūm̆̇’s, so that everywhere there are only hūm̆̇’s.
I always tell you to meditate on hūm̆̇.
The heart-essence of the Tsewang Dzinpa practice is to simply meditate on hūm̆̇. The three hūm̆̇’s ‘hūm̆̇ hūm̆̇ hūm̆̇’ are enlightened body, speech, and mind. All there is, is hūm̆̇. It is the ultimate visualization, combined with a ritual text. So it is has a great connection to the ultimate truth. This practice and the Vajrakīlaya practice are of single essence.
In brief, the single essential point of the Tsewang Dzinpa practice is hūm̆̇, is to meditate only on hūm̆̇. The rest of the sādhana has a great connection to Vajrakīlaya’s secret accomplishment. Thus, Tsewang Dzinpa is a secret accomplishment practice. ‘Secret’ refers to the ultimate truth—the great secret. The secret mantra is the ultimate secret. There is no duality. It is said: “Non-duality eclipses all dualistic phenomena.” Non-duality is primordial wisdom; duality is consciousness. Consciousness gathers into primordial wisdom; it gathers into the syllable hūm̆̇.
I usually practice hūm̆̇ a lot. If you are already familiar with the hūm̆̇ practice, you will be able to relate to this sādhana. There is nothing new here; it is a hūm̆̇ practice.
You do not have to practice or visualize Tsewang Dzinpa in order to listen to these teachings. The meaning of this practice and Vajrakīlaya is the same. We have to gather everything into a single meaning. Thus, it is not a ‘brand new’ practice. I have always taught you about hūm̆̇. So what is the meaning of Tsewang Dzinpa? It is hūm̆̇, a red hūm̆̇.
Translated by Ina Bieler.

I'm also curious to know if we can practice the wrathful Guru as Yidam and Simhamukha Dakini based on the empowerment.
Can we practice their mantras?
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Garchen Rinpoche Yangzab Empowerment

Post by Ayu »

I'm sorry, within a chaotic approval process I forgot to unlock this thread again. Now it's open. Enjoy.
Malcolm

Re: Question about Garchen Rinpoche Yangzab Empowerment

Post by Malcolm »

tony_montana wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:54 am

I'm also curious to know if we can practice the wrathful Guru as Yidam and Simhamukha Dakini based on the empowerment.
If you have the lung, yes.
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

Lopon Malcom,

So GR Did not give the 5th empowerment of this konchok chidu wang. It was translated as the empowerment of the view.

However the 4th empowerment was translated as having given one permission to "practice the inner most essence of primordial purity and spontaneous presence"

If the 5th empowerment is the rigpai tsal wang, what of the 4th empowerment allowing "practice the inner most essence of primordial purity and spontaneous presence" ... Is this not referring to Trekcho and togal? Read text related etc?

Just to clear up for those who have not received before.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

bryandavis wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:23 pm Lopon Malcom,

So GR Did not give the 5th empowerment of this konchok chidu wang. It was translated as the empowerment of the view.

However the 4th empowerment was translated as having given one permission to "practice the inner most essence of primordial purity and spontaneous presence"

If the 5th empowerment is the rigpai tsal wang, what of the 4th empowerment allowing "practice the inner most essence of primordial purity and spontaneous presence" ... Is this not referring to Trekcho and togal? Read text related etc?

There are seven sections to this empowerment. Garchen Rinpoche skipped the poti wang, the simhamukha transmission, and the rig pa'i rtsal dbang. These three follow the fourth empowerment. But you know, guru's choice.
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

Thank you.
That will clear up for many.
stoneinfocus

Re: Question about Garchen Rinpoche Yangzab Empowerment

Post by stoneinfocus »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:22 pm
tony_montana wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:54 am

If you have the lung, yes.
Acarya la,

Lama Abao gave a lung during the empowerment; it was a 20 minute long sadhana lung. If this was for the full, long sadhana (which I'm not sure it was), would the lung for the full guru, yidam, dakini have been included? It seems everyone is trying to figure out which lung was given.

Thank you!
Last edited by stoneinfocus on Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:37 pm
bryandavis wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:23 pm Lopon Malcom,

There are seven sections to this empowerment. Garchen Rinpoche skipped the poti wang, the simhamukha transmission, and the rig pa'i rtsal dbang. These three follow the fourth empowerment. But you know, guru's choice.

So was the 4th one a direct introduction? Personally, his informal pointing out right after was clear enough.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Passing By wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:16 am
So was the 4th one a direct introduction?
Yes, but not the rig pa’i rtsal dbang. On the one hand, all word empowerments are direct introductions. One can consider it an introduction to trekcho, but this is not entirely accurate. It’s a foundation empowerment for the rig pa’i rtsal dbang. Empowerments ripen, but the instructions liberate. A characteristic of the rig pa’i rtsal dbang, and why they are crucial, is that they combine the ripening empowerment and liberating instruction together. The is a unique feature of Dzogchen empowerments.

It’s a beautiful cycle of teachings that has complete dzogchen teachings, which sadly are not given very frequently anymore. But maybe if you ask Garchen Rinpoche, he can teach you Rigzin Tsewang Norbu’s commentary on the creation stage and Kongtrul’s commentary on the completion stage. Konchok Chidu was Kongtrul’s main practice.
lucidaromulus

Post by lucidaromulus »

Malcolm, if you don't mind can you let me know what's the Sadhana title and author that was transmitted in this video?

Thank you :namaste:

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

lucidaromulus wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:30 am Malcolm, if you don't mind can you let me know what's the Sadhana title and author that was transmitted in this video?

Thank you :namaste:

Sten already mentioned this.

Return to “Dzogchen”