Changchub Dorje Kalachakra

climb-up

Changchub Dorje Kalachakra

Post by climb-up »

Hello,

I have a question for anyone who has the Longsal teachings volume 10.
It mentions both the Longsal Ati Kalachakra (which I do not believe I have transmission for) as well as Changchub Dorje’s anuyoga kalachakra (which I do have transmission for). It also mentions that there is a commentary.

I just want to see if there is a commentary and explanation of the Changchub Dorje’s practice, as opposed to just the ati yoga practice.

I also saw that there is an Italian kalachakra booklet that, I think, seems to have commentaries in both. Does anyone know if this is the same information in the Longsal v.10?
If not, does anyone know if it’s available as a ebook?
I know google translate isn’t perfect, but I’ve had some success with it in the past with German ebooks.

EDIT: Failing either of those, does anyone have an audio explanation of the anuyoga kalachakra practice (but not the ati yoga practice) they’d be willing to send me?
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
dzoki

Re: Changchub Dorje Kalachakra

Post by dzoki »

climb-up wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:35 pm Hello,

It mentions both the Longsal Ati Kalachakra (which I do not believe I have transmission for) as well as Changchub Dorje’s anuyoga kalachakra (which I do have transmission for). It also mentions that there is a commentary.

I just want to see if there is a commentary and explanation of the Changchub Dorje’s practice, as opposed to just the ati yoga practice.

I also saw that there is an Italian kalachakra booklet that, I think, seems to have commentaries in both. Does anyone know if this is the same information in the Longsal v.10?
I know google translate isn’t perfect, but I’ve had some success with it in the past with German ebooks.
Longsal volume 10 only contains short practice of Guru Kalachakra. It is called Ati, because it is most unelaborate practice of anuyoga class imbued with atiyoga meaning. Not that it is specificaly Atiyoga practice as such. While Rinpoche did give lung for Changchub Dorje´s Kalachakra, I don´t recall that we did any practice with Rinpoche in the teaching of 2013, maybe it was done in 2004 retreat in Margarita.
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

dzoki wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:45 pm

Longsal volume 10 only contains short practice of Guru Kalachakra. It is called Ati, because it is most unelaborate practice of anuyoga class imbued with atiyoga meaning. Not that it is specificaly Atiyoga practice as such. While Rinpoche did give lung for Changchub Dorje´s Kalachakra, I don´t recall that we did any practice with Rinpoche in the teaching of 2013, maybe it was done in 2004 retreat in Margarita.
Oh! Thank you for explaining that!!!
I guess I misread the description (in re-reading, it o my says that the practice is connected to Changchub Dorje’s practice).
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

climb-up wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:05 pm

Oh! Thank you for explaining that!!!
I guess I misread the description (in re-reading, it o my says that the practice is connected to Changchub Dorje’s practice).
It is connected, in a way, that Rinpoche received this practice from Changchub Dorje in his dream.
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

dzoki wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:48 pm
It is connected, in a way, that Rinpoche received this practice from Changchub Dorje in his dream.
Of course, that makes sense now.
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

Well, my first question was answered.
It sounds like there isn’t one but, just in case, if anyone has instructions and teachings on the Changchub Dorje anuyoga kalachakra that they would be willing to either share with me, or direct me to where it might be published, I would be grateful.
pawel

Post by pawel »

Yes, we did the short Ati Kalachakra practice together.
heart

Post by heart »

EDIT: Failing either of those, does anyone have an audio explanation of the anuyoga kalachakra practice (but not the ati yoga practice) they’d be willing to send me?
There is a book in Italian https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 02583.html on the teachings 2013 where both practices where explained. So an English version might still appear. If you didn't participate in those teachings but got the lung later I wonder if it isn't that Ati version you got. The Anu version is quite long with many different mantras.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

heart wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:55 pm

There is a book in Italian https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 02583.html on the teachings 2013 where both practices where explained. So an English version might still appear. If you didn't participate in those teachings but got the lung later I wonder if it isn't that Ati version you got. The Anu version is quite long with many different mantras.

/magnus
Oh wow, well this gets more and more confusing because what is listed in the lung is the mantra of Changchub Dorje’s kalachakra!
Which would seem to make clear that it isn’t the ati version (I think, unless the ati version uses just one mantra and it’s the same), but it also seems to make clear that it was not for a longer practice with multiple mantras (unless, perhaps, some of those mantras are included in other practices?)

If anyone has any knowledge about what precisely it means to have received the lung for Chanchub Dorje’s kalachakra it would be very much appreciated. It seems to be much less straightforward than I thought.

I actually ordered the Italian booklet, idk when it will arrive, with the idea of typing a document up to google translate; just for the general idea; but, if it isn’t even clear what practice was given I probably won’t try.
heart

Post by heart »

climb-up wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:19 pm
heart wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:55 pm

/magnus
Oh wow, well this gets more and more confusing because what is listed in the lung is the mantra of Changchub Dorje’s kalachakra!
Which would seem to make clear that it isn’t the ati version (I think, unless the ati version uses just one mantra and it’s the same), but it also seems to make clear that it was not for a longer practice with multiple mantras (unless, perhaps, some of those mantras are included in other practices?)

If anyone has any knowledge about what precisely it means to have received the lung for Chanchub Dorje’s kalachakra it would be very much appreciated. It seems to be much less straightforward than I thought.

I actually ordered the Italian booklet, idk when it will arrive, with the idea of typing a document up to google translate; just for the general idea; but, if it isn’t even clear what practice was given I probably won’t try.
They are two distinct practices.

The Anu Yoga sadhana is from Changchub Dorje is pretty long and have several mantras and mantras for the four activities. The essence mantra in that sahana start with "om shri kala mana...."

The Ati Yoga sadhana is from the Longsal is very short and only have one mantra that starts "Ham ksa ma...."

So now you know what sadhana you got lung for.

I noticed the Italian book maybe 6 months ago, but so far no English version. I did this retreat online with Rinpoche so it would be interesting to read that teaching again.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

heart wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:33 pm

The Anu Yoga sadhana is from Changchub Dorje is pretty long and have several mantras and mantras for the four activities. The essence mantra in that sahana start with "om shri kala mana...."

The Ati Yoga sadhana is from the Longsal is very short and only have one mantra that starts "Ham ksa ma...."

Kind of; but if he only gave the essence mantra, and not the full sadhana with the other mantras, I’m not sure how to go about practicing.
Perhaps it will be clear with the booklet (assuming either my plan works out, or the English booklet becomes available).
heart

Post by heart »

climb-up wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:13 pm

Kind of; but if he only gave the essence mantra, and not the full sadhana with the other mantras, I’m not sure how to go about practicing.
Perhaps it will be clear with the booklet (assuming either my plan works out, or the English booklet becomes available).
which mantra did you get?

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

climb-up

Post by climb-up »

heart wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:20 pm

/magnus
Changchub Dorje’s
heart

Post by heart »

climb-up wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:31 pm

/magnus
Changchub Dorje’s
The seed syllable is hung, just do it in place of singhamukha/guru drakphur in the short tun.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Danny

Post by Danny »

If I may offer an opinion.
What Rinpoche is saying with the essence mantra is kalachakra over the centuries has accredited so much “over lay” and cultural expansion, it has become seriously complicated and takes months in preparation to disperse.
The essence mantra cuts through all that...
Be happy you received the union of mother and father...
Anu or ati at this point is non dual.
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

heart wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:56 pm
climb-up wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:31 pm

/magnus
Changchub Dorje’s
The seed syllable is hung, just do it in place of singhamukha/guru drakphur in the short tun.

/magnus
Thank you :anjali:
Danny wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:11 pm If I may offer an opinion.
What Rinpoche is saying with the essence mantra is kalachakra over the centuries has accredited so much “over lay” and cultural expansion, it has become seriously complicated and takes months in preparation to disperse.
Thanks you :anjali:
naljor

Post by naljor »

Ati is simple, anuyoga is more like anuttara tantra, many hands, atc.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Danny wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:11 pm If I may offer an opinion.
Where did he say this? He received the Kalachakra empowerment himself from HHDL, I don't think he would in any way impugn that lineage.
All major deities have multiple mantras - essence mantra, action mantras, etc.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Please share restricted material in private, if you have to.
Because of our terms of service I removed two links that directly lead to restricted text & picture.
heart

Post by heart »

naljor wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:42 am Ati is simple, anuyoga is more like anuttara tantra, many hands, atc.
Nevertheless you are wrong in this case because it is the other way around. I did the retreat 2013 with Rinpoche.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Dzogchen”