Fire Letters

Abrem

Fire Letters

Post by Abrem »

I'm asking for anyone who knows about phenomena whereby letters of fire are burned into the recipient's eyes depleting the red pigment in their retina after a few hours and then becoming blue over the course of a few days. Any kind of literature in Buddhist writings that might pertain to this would be helpful.

Thank you.
Hazel
Former staff member

Re: Fire Letters

Post by Hazel »

Abrem wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:03 pm I'm asking for anyone who knows about phenomena whereby letters of fire are burned into the recipient's eyes depleting the red pigment in their retina after a few hours and then becoming blue over the course of a few days. Any kind of literature in Buddhist writings that might pertain to this would be helpful.

Thank you.
... What?

Edit: Where did you hear about this?
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

The Buddha said:
“Don’t stare directly at the laser scanner
in the self-checkout aisle at the supermarket”.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
Abrem

Post by Abrem »

Oh well it was worth a try I guess. Sorry to bother you guys.
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

Abrem wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:25 am Oh well it was worth a try I guess. Sorry to bother you guys.
Where did you hear about this?
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
Budai

Post by Budai »

Be careful. As "cool" as that might sound to you, you may not be able to see for the rest of your life in your current body if you try something like that at home. Best wishes.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

It sounds like something from a Shaw Brothers KungFu movie
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
fckw

Post by fckw »

Just never do „sun gazing“ by watching straight into the sun. Or anywhere near close. You will get nothing out of it and damage your eyes.
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

Abrem wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:03 pm I'm asking for anyone who knows about phenomena whereby letters of fire are burned into the recipient's eyes depleting the red pigment in their retina after a few hours and then becoming blue over the course of a few days. Any kind of literature in Buddhist writings that might pertain to this would be helpful.

Thank you.
I haven’t heard of this.
Can you explain; do mean something is literally burned into your eyes, or that you stare at something, or that this is a type of vision that is had?

There is a Theravada meditation that, I think, involves staring at a candle and produces visions, could that be related?
[looked it up, “fire kasina,” staring at a candle and then closing your eyes and focusing on the after images. Maybe that?]
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Thank you.
Give some sources please.If this happened to you please add more detail to this topic so as to better understand.
Thanks.
humble.student

Post by humble.student »

Thank you.
This sounds a lot like cataract problems, and only the other day I was reading about Monet's flowers that went from red to blue...
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

Return to “Dzogchen”