DC Namkha questions

moonbun

DC Namkha questions

Post by moonbun »

Hiya. Can any DC folk help? I'm creating new namkha to replace the old ones I made previously. I'm rereading the Namkha book again, and it seems like I made mistakes when I was making them since English isn't my first language. D'oh. Any help in correcting my mistakes and clearing away my confusion is appreciated.

I think the number rounds of the harmonising thread has to loop around was a part of the problem along with the proportion of the weave. According to page 84, the harmonising thread has to be looped around at least three times, right? First round to join all threads together, the second and third round to strengthen the weave?

How does one respectfully and properly dispose of a namkha? Are the disposal steps for it different between a namkha that had mistakes, old wonky ones, or when it's no longer needed because its owner passed away?

The advice section on page 90 of the Namkha book didn't go into details about the steps of burning it.
Xango

Re: DC Namkha questions

Post by Xango »

Simply burn it, nothing more nothing less. Wrong or perfect, doesn't matter. You have put you energy in that, it can be it is connected with you, who knows...
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

at the risk of necro-ing an old thread, I pose a question that may be useful to the OP and will surely be useful to me.

Is it legit to simply hire someone trustworthy and knowledgeable to build a namkha on your behalf, so it's done correctly, and then consecrate it yourself?

If so, is there anyone out there willing & able to take on that work?
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

DGA wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:53 am at the risk of necro-ing an old thread, I pose a question that may be useful to the OP and will surely be useful to me.

Is it legit to simply hire someone trustworthy and knowledgeable to build a namkha on your behalf, so it's done correctly, and then consecrate it yourself?

If so, is there anyone out there willing & able to take on that work?
There is a lady on Norbunet that makes them.
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏

Return to “Dzogchen”