Garchen Rinpoche Dzogchen Empowerment

Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: Garchen Rinpoche Dzogchen Empowerment

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Passing By wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:57 am BTW, question for more experienced Dzogchen people, maybe reply by PM if not appropriate as a public question.....Is the Hum practice a kind of semzin or trekcho meditation?
That is a good question, I myself have it. So I would be also glad for a PM. But I think it can be discussed without details given.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

Lyosha wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:52 pm
Passing By wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:51 pm He is also giving shitro empowerment and phowa/bardo teachings on March 6-7
Where can I find info about this shitro empowerment, I mean, name of this Teachings, lineage, specific samayas? Thanks
https://gardrolma.org/the-precious-shit ... nsmission/

Sounds like it has a direct introduction included. Maybe Karling Shitro then? We'll see when more details are announced
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

Most likley it will be a zhitro from yangzab cycle.
Rinpoche has given this a few times.
It has at the end two empowerments, one for treckcho one for togal.

But do not expect any in depth translation or explanation.

None the less, they are transmitted.
Lyosha

Post by Lyosha »

bryandavis wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:04 pm Most likley it will be a zhitro from yangzab cycle.

Thanks a lot!
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

bryandavis wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:04 pm Most likley it will be a zhitro from yangzab cycle.

Will there likely be Winds and Channels given also?
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

"Will there likely be Winds and Channels given also?"

It will will have kyerim, dzogrim, and the ati empowerments if it is yangzab. So yes.
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

Nice! God knows if I can actually catch, let alone understand the togal one though seeing as I have zero experience with it lol

BTW, is the principal yidam Vajrasattva?
heart

Post by heart »

Is this the sadhana with only the five peaceful buddhas?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

The sadhana I have says five peacefull families or something like that but there is still the recalled display of the watchful conch mansion.

If you received before I can pass sadhanas.
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

Passing By wrote: ↑BTW, question for more experienced Dzogchen people, maybe reply by PM if not appropriate as a public question.....Is the Hum practice a kind of semzin or trekcho meditation?
That is a good question, I myself have it. So I would be also glad for a PM. But I think it can be discussed without details given.

The Hum practice of Tsewang Dzinpa is similar to semdzin / rushen practices. Traditonally the Tsewang Dzinpa empowerment was given to those with stable realization, so the hum is a recall of clarity/emptiness or abiding in Mahamudra/ Trekcho.

If you have practised semdzins rushens you can sew what the similarites are and are not.
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

bryandavis wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:50 pm Passing By wrote: ↑BTW, question for more experienced Dzogchen people, maybe reply by PM if not appropriate as a public question.....Is the Hum practice a kind of semzin or trekcho meditation?

The Hum practice of Tsewang Dzinpa is similar to semdzin / rushen practices. Traditonally the Tsewang Dzinpa empowerment was given to those with stable realization, so the hum is a recall of clarity/emptiness or abiding in Mahamudra/ Trekcho.

If you have practised semdzins rushens you can sew what the similarites are and are not.
Right, thanks for the reply. Yes, noticed it's similar to the famous phat semzin that many lamas teach and that Rinpoche taught before when he gives Patrul Rinpoche's Tsik Sum Né Dek commentary
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

bryandavis wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:50 pm ...............

Traditonally the Tsewang Dzinpa empowerment was given to those with stable realization, so the hum is a recall of clarity/emptiness or abiding in Mahamudra/ Trekcho.
What, or who is the source of this?
Lost In Transmission
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

lelopa wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:37 am

Traditonally the Tsewang Dzinpa empowerment was given to those with stable realization, so the hum is a recall of clarity/emptiness or abiding in Mahamudra/ Trekcho.
Source is from Garchen Rinpoche. He stated this during the 2017 winter teachings on Tsewang Dzinpa, also during an audience I had with him. I can try and find the time mark on the audio teachings available, however they are not uploaded on YouTube, it was purchased from GBI after the event.

edit*
This was at how it was passed on at Gar monastery, I am not sure at other centers within the lineage how it was viewed. Gar monastery held many Nyingma lineages in their practice calendar: Daily was Tsewang Dzinpa, Drupcho/Drupa/Sangdrup was Red Chenrzig Terma, Ranta Lingpas Kilaya, and the Yamantaka Lineage of Drikung which is a mixed Terma/Pure vision / Kama practice.
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

bryandavis wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:47 am "Will there likely be Winds and Channels given also?"

It will will have kyerim, dzogrim, and the ati empowerments if it is yangzab. So yes.
Thanks Bryan it’s great you are here helping out😊
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

bryandavis wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:13 pm
lelopa wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:37 am

Source is from Garchen Rinpoche. He stated this during the 2017 winter teachings on Tsewang Dzinpa, also during an audience I had with him. I can try and find the time mark on the audio teachings available, however they are not uploaded on YouTube, it was purchased from GBI after the event.

edit*
This was at how it was passed on at Gar monastery, I am not sure at other centers within the lineage how it was viewed. Gar monastery held many Nyingma lineages in their practice calendar: Daily was Tsewang Dzinpa, Drupcho/Drupa/Sangdrup was Red Chenrzig Terma, Ranta Lingpas Kilaya, and the Yamantaka Lineage of Drikung which is a mixed Terma/Pure vision / Kama practice.
Thank you very much....
it's very interesting.
Lost In Transmission
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

bryandavis wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:42 pm The sadhana I have says five peacefull families or something like that but there is still the recalled display of the watchful conch mansion.

If you received before I can pass sadhanas.
Same here, if it's Yangzab Shitro, thanks. Gar Drolma said there would be no practice given when I emailed them to ask
The Mantra Mongoose

Post by The Mantra Mongoose »

I have a question about the upcoming Shitro empowerment. Does this empowerment introduce an individual to the mandalas of all peaceful,and wrathful deity's? If so, does this mean barring a Lung for a specific text if a person has this empowerment they can practice any deity?
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

The shitro empowerment was amazing. Probably the clearest Dzogchen empowerment I've received to date. Concisely but essentially explained and puts you directly in the principle being pointed out. A real gift from Rinpoche.
n8pee

Post by n8pee »

Passing By wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:29 am The shitro empowerment was amazing. Probably the clearest Dzogchen empowerment I've received to date. Concisely but essentially explained and puts you directly in the principle being pointed out. A real gift from Rinpoche.
I too found this empowerment to be very well executed, concise and profound. I've not received any previous teachings that included Dzogchen, so I am thankful to make the connection. I know the Phowa transmission is not yet complete, but I do hope that there is a daily practice I can take from this weekend, especially considering my physical proximity to Gar Drolma.
The Mantra Mongoose

Post by The Mantra Mongoose »

n8pee wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:54 am
Passing By wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:29 am The shitro empowerment was amazing. Probably the clearest Dzogchen empowerment I've received to date. Concisely but essentially explained and puts you directly in the principle being pointed out. A real gift from Rinpoche.
I too found this empowerment to be very well executed, concise and profound. I've not received any previous teachings that included Dzogchen, so I am thankful to make the connection. I know the Phowa transmission is not yet complete, but I do hope that there is a daily practice I can take from this weekend, especially considering my physical proximity to Gar Drolma.
I also found the empowerment absolutely wonderful. I loved how he went over concisely all the specific meanings of each step of the empowerment. From refuge to Dzogchen he gave such a nice summary. It truly was a blessing to be apart of it, I always end up feeling sad for Rinpoche when I attend his empowerments because of his eyesight though. The fact that he’s still doing empowerment’s and has such a radiance of Bodichitta is a lesson in forbearance all by itself. I hope someday I live up to his example.

Return to “Dzogchen”