are Dang, rTsal, and Rol pa different "densities" of the same reality?

RiceCake

are Dang, rTsal, and Rol pa different "densities" of the same reality?

Post by RiceCake »

Hey all,

I've been getting more into dzogchen, and now I'm coming across terms about the three kayas, as well as dang, tsal & rol pa.

I'm trying figure out the relationship between these things because, since dzogchen is about achieving nondual awareness on reality, i figure that if all the densities are essentially the same thing, then that means its our ignorance thats causing an arbitrary division between these three levels.

Is that the case? Is our ignorance causing a false "barrier" between dang, rtsal & rol pa energy?
amanitamusc

Re: are Dang, rTsal, and Rol pa different "densities" of the same reality?

Post by amanitamusc »

RiceCake wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:38 am Hey all,

I've been getting more into dzogchen, and now I'm coming across terms about the three kayas, as well as dang, tsal & rol pa.

I'm trying figure out the relationship between these things because, since dzogchen is about achieving nondual awareness on reality, i figure that if all the densities are essentially the same thing, then that means its our ignorance thats causing an arbitrary division between these three levels.

Is that the case? Is our ignorance causing a false "barrier" between dang, rtsal & rol pa energy?
Dzogchen is of no use outside of direct introduction by a qualified teacher followed by the intimate instructions.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I'm trying figure out the relationship between these things because,
Its a good question, there’s the written words, and the spoken teachings, but there’s also a symbolic introduction. Proper way to clear away any doubts and curiosity would be to have a teacher with all the qualities to transmit all three. They’re out there, you just need to find and observe carefully, study with a guru. With all the karmic particularity and how life is short, affinities for certain teachings, why waste time?
Fa Dao

Post by Fa Dao »

While everyone is correct that you need a Teacher you could get the book "The Crystal and the Way of Light" by Namkhai Norbu until you find a Teacher. Many of your questions will be answered but don't try and substitute books for a real Teacher..there are people out there that will try to tell you that you don't need one..they are not your friends...good luck!
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'm trying figure out the relationship between these things because.
Its not something one can figure out, it is something one must realize.
"Nonduality is merely a name;
that name does not exist."
—Kotalipa
Danny

Post by Danny »

I realized today that salt and sugar look exactly the same, but taste completely different.
I can’t explain how a tablespoon of salt on my cereal tasted, but you can imagine if you’ve experienced that for yourself.
Charlie123

Post by Charlie123 »

Danny wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:24 pm I realized today that salt and sugar look exactly the same, but taste completely different.
I can’t explain how a tablespoon of salt on my cereal tasted, but you can imagine if you’ve experienced that for yourself.
I accidentally poured salt in my coffee a few minutes ago.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Charlie123 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:44 pm
Danny wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:24 pm I realized today that salt and sugar look exactly the same, but taste completely different.
I accidentally poured salt in my coffee a few minutes ago.
It’s not a cause to suddenly wake up! But it definitely makes for a brain fart for a second
or two.

Return to “Dzogchen”