Lama Lena Testimonies/Credentials

KonchogUrgyenNyima

Re: Lama Lena Testimonies/Credentials

Post by KonchogUrgyenNyima »

Tata1 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:09 pm
Ignorant_Fool wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:27 pm Her latest videos on the Three Statements of Garab Dorje are amazing ...
She is way better in person, specially in her cozzy cave :woohoo:
Where is her cave at??
KonchogUrgyenNyima

Post by KonchogUrgyenNyima »

She lives at two pema??? Seems like she's hard to reach lol
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

KonchogUrgyenNyima wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:58 am She lives at two pema??? Seems like she's hard to reach lol
She lives in ba area and two months a year in tso pema.
philji

Post by philji »

Who is this Candice Rinpoche she is introducing this weekend on you tube😒?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

philji wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:10 pm Who is this Candice Rinpoche she is introducing this weekend on you tube😒?
https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12207
philji

Post by philji »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:30 pm
philji wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:10 pm Who is this Candice Rinpoche she is introducing this weekend on you tube😒?
https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12207
Flabbergasted!!!!!!
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

Some lady that wangdor rimpoche authorized to teach
Natan

Post by Natan »

Ok I looked at Lama Lena and I think she is a phenomenal teacher and we are lucky to have her. She's the real deal. Consider she might be doing the job on Candace. This is probably a good thing.
Dekey

Post by Dekey »

I partecipated at a retreat and liked it very much
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:14 am
tobes wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:55 am
Malcolm wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:07 pm

At best, you received a positive trace for meeting the teachings in a future life.

I wouldn't underestimate this though. Dharma seeds can ripen in very unexpected ways, and they do not necessarily depend on the disciple being diligent, committed etc at the time of them being given/planted.

I owe a lot to this fact!
We all do, nevertheless, we have no idea when such traces ripen, and in most case, probably not in this life.
I’m not sure I completely agree with you here Malcolm, because in a sense it would imply that you had to have some level of realization to have a Guru. Yet we have to start somewhere... and on a related theme...I like this quote from the wandering Indian siddha, Bhagawan Nityananda, “The outer Guru is the one who points to the well, the inner Guru is the one who drinks from it.”
So let’s not conflate the outer Guru and the inner Guru. The outer one may point, and our inner one may not drink... yet the label Guru would still apply to the outer one, no?
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Adamantine wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:22 pm
Malcolm wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:14 am
tobes wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:55 am

I wouldn't underestimate this though. Dharma seeds can ripen in very unexpected ways, and they do not necessarily depend on the disciple being diligent, committed etc at the time of them being given/planted.

I owe a lot to this fact!
We all do, nevertheless, we have no idea when such traces ripen, and in most case, probably not in this life.
I’m not sure I completely agree with you here Malcolm, because in a sense it would imply that you had to have some level of realization to have a Guru. Yet we have to start somewhere... and on a related theme...I like this quote from the wandering Indian siddha, Bhagawan Nityananda, “The outer Guru is the one who points to the well, the inner Guru is the one who drinks from it.”
So let’s not conflate the outer Guru and the inner Guru. The outer one may point, and our inner one may not drink... yet the label Guru would still apply to the outer one, no?
I don’t think you read the whole exchange.
ThoroughlyCutting

Post by ThoroughlyCutting »

Regarding my root guru Lama Lena's lineage, as she told me in an email:
Her Dzogchen lineage is through Wangdor Rinpoche via Changchub Dorje (ChNN's root guru) and Longchen Nyingtig through Kung Lama.
Her Mahamudra is also through Wangdor Rinpoche via the 16th Karmapa, and through Tulsa Rinpoche of the Drikung Kagyu, both of whom were major (but not the only) teachers of Wangdor Rinpoche. (Rinpoche was nominally Drikung, but was more just Rimé.)
Her Kyerim is through Lama Yeshe, and therefore Gelug.
She told me she has had other teachers from the Bön and Sakya traditions, "some famous, some not so much."
I'm a long time student of hers, and my wife and I spent a month and a half in Tso Pema back in 2017 taking teachings from her in her cave, from Flight of the Garuda, one-on-two (lol), in both a formal setting and informally. (Incidentally, we also had the great good fortune to experience her simultaneous translating for Wangdor Rinpoche as he gave the direct pointing out - what she refers to as their "Vulcan mind-meld". It was amazing, man.) I can tell you that she is 100% there for her students, and is real af... not into polite conversations or small talk, or beating around the bush generally. She can be off-putting to some, because she's kind of wild, and that's fine, because as she says, hers is very different from the irenic personality of her lama's - it's to be expected. She answers all emails sent to her, and seems bloody tireless. Before The Great Covid Bummer, she travelled the world constantly, going where-ever people invited her to give teachings from the lineages she holds. I think she'd qualify her style as "Gonzo Dharma", if you can dig it.
She's not a scholar, and seems genuinely bored by philosophizing. If you want a more intellectual approach to the Dharma, or long quotes from Longchenpa or Ju Mipham, seek elsewhere.
She's got the Juice, man, and either you dig her style, or don't, but it's hard to deny the force of her presence and the legitimacy of her lineage. I love her to bits.
And yes, she gives the DI as often as she can... if you have the ears to hear, it's all she does.
Terma

Post by Terma »

For what it's worth, I will share my own experience.

First, let me begin by saying that I have no personal relationship with Lama Lena, and in fact Lama Lena is really hesitant and cautious of committing to a student-teacher relationship until such a time in which that commitment can be fully made on both sides. Having said that, she told me personally that until such time she would guide and help me in whatever way possible. Lama Lena has done just that, answering several emails, providing guidance, resolving doubts, giving clarification, etc. And this is done in the simplist of ways. Lama Lena can be of very few words at times, but helpful nonetheless.

Since receiving teachings only this year, Lama Lena has been a bright light in an otherwise dim and challenging year. Her very direct and honest approach has served me very well, and in fact I noticed that for me personally Lama Lena has challenged a lot of my own "beliefs" towards what I think the "ideal" teacher (for me) might have been; Tibetan. High lineage holder. Rinpoche. Male, even I suppose. Lama Lena is none of those things, and yet for me her teachings have been so direct and able to cut through all of this perception that I am absolutely certain Lama Lena is the real deal.

Lama Lena's teaching style and personality for that matter may not be for everyone, but whoever said Vajrayana/Dzogchen teachers are a "one size fits all?" I have received teachings from other amazing lineage holders but I just did not have that connection for everything to just "click" but I guess that comes down to karma and connection.

I am always hesitant with these kinds of topics because they can often risk putting doubt in a potential students head or even worse, create the causes for breaking of Sanaya. But risking that, I will certainly give an endorsement from my own personal perspective.
Natan

Post by Natan »

ThoroughlyCutting wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:17 pm Regarding my root guru Lama Lena's lineage, as she told me in an email:
Her Dzogchen lineage is through Wangdor Rinpoche via Changchub Dorje (ChNN's root guru) and Longchen Nyingtig through Kung Lama.
Her Mahamudra is also through Wangdor Rinpoche via the 16th Karmapa, and through Tulsa Rinpoche of the Drikung Kagyu, both of whom were major (but not the only) teachers of Wangdor Rinpoche. (Rinpoche was nominally Drikung, but was more just Rimé.)
She told me she has had other teachers from the Bön and Sakya traditions, "some famous, some not so much."
I'm a long time student of hers, and my wife and I spent a month and a half in Tso Pema back in 2017 taking teachings from her in her cave, from Flight of the Garuda, one-on-two (lol), in both a formal setting and informally. (Incidentally, we also had the great good fortune to experience her simultaneous translating for Wangdor Rinpoche as he gave the direct pointing out - what she refers to as their "Vulcan mind-meld". It was amazing, man.) I can tell you that she is 100% there for her students, and is real af... not into polite conversations or small talk, or beating around the bush generally. She can be off-putting to some, because she's kind of wild, and that's fine, because as she says, hers is very different from the irenic personality of her lama's - it's to be expected. She answers all emails sent to her, and seems bloody tireless. Before The Great Covid Bummer, she travelled the world constantly, going where-ever people invited her to give teachings from the lineages she holds. I think she'd qualify her style as "Gonzo Dharma", if you can dig it.
She's not a scholar, and seems genuinely bored by philosophizing. If you want a more intellectual approach to the Dharma, or long quotes from Longchenpa or Ju Mipham, seek elsewhere.
She's got the Juice, man, and either you dig her style, or don't, but it's hard to deny the force of her presence and the legitimacy of her lineage. I love her to bits.
And yes, she gives the DI as often as she can... if you have the ears to hear, it's all she does.
I got to be honest. This lineage rendition is very choppy and disconnected. Kyerim lineage is Geluk? I've never heard a lama say my kyerim lineage is X and my dzogrim lineage is Y. It seems she's a Flight of the Garuda lama, which is fine I suppose. It bothers me a bit when a "lama" scholar or not seems to be oblivious to how basic Vajrayana lineages work.
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

Crazywisdom wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:20 pm
ThoroughlyCutting wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:17 pm Regarding my root guru Lama Lena's lineage, as she told me in an email:
I got to be honest. This lineage rendition is very choppy and disconnected. Kyerim lineage is Geluk? I've never heard a lama say my kyerim lineage is X and my dzogrim lineage is Y. It seems she's a Flight of the Garuda lama, which is fine I suppose. It bothers me a bit when a "lama" scholar or not seems to be oblivious to how basic Vajrayana lineages work.
I dont get whats weird about it.
Natan

Post by Natan »

Tata1 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:14 pm
Generally one should get development and completion from the same lineage.
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

Crazywisdom wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:57 am

It just means that the kyerim practice she usually teaches comes from lama yeshe.
Anyway, im sure lama lena knows quite well how linages work, at least wangdor rinpoche seem to think so.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Tata1 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:05 pm

It just means that the kyerim practice she usually teaches comes from lama yeshe.
Anyway, im sure lama lena knows quite well how linages work, at least wangdor rinpoche seem to think so.
So she gives the major empowerments of Guhyasamaja, Yamantaka, Cakrasamvara, Naro Kacho etc.?
I agree that this description of lineage is odd.
If she is teaching Gelug kyerim in a qualified way she is also transmitting the dzogrim of that lineage.
I am not saying she doesnt have this capacity, just noting that the description is unusual.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

Josef wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:27 pm
Tata1 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:05 pm
So she gives the major empowerments of Guhyasamaja, Yamantaka, Cakrasamvara, Naro Kacho etc.?
I agree that this description of lineage is odd.
If she is teaching Gelug kyerim in a qualified way she is also transmitting the dzogrim of that lineage.
I am not saying she doesnt have this capacity, just noting that the description is unusual.
She gives a chenrezig practice she received from lama yeshe. As far as i know thats the only thing i heard her teach through that line
SilenceMonkey

Post by SilenceMonkey »

When I met her and was interested in Nyingma tsa rlung, she said she received her tsa lung practices from Lama Yeshe of the Geluk lineage.

Return to “Dzogchen”