Rainbow body questions

Rinchen Dorje

Rainbow body questions

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

So CNNR has said that "...but through this integration of the nature of mind and the nature of existence (semnyid and Chonyid), the light body manifests"
So how and why does this work?
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Sādhaka

Re: Rainbow body questions

Post by Sādhaka »

Last edited by Sādhaka on Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fa Dao wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:30 am So CNNR has said that "...but through this integration of the nature of mind and the nature of existence (semnyid and Chonyid), the light body manifests"
You need to receive more complete teachings on dzogchen to understand this point. It should not really be discussed on a forum in public.
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Last edited by Sādhaka on Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:36 pm
Fa Dao wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:30 am So CNNR has said that "...but through this integration of the nature of mind and the nature of existence (semnyid and Chonyid), the light body manifests"
You need to receive more complete teachings on dzogchen to understand this point. It should not really be discussed on a forum in public.
oh ok..so the Longde teachings from Rinpoche aren't complete enough? You said in another post that they were complete..but hey, if its one of those things that is not to be discussed at all then cool..no prob
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fa Dao wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:03 pm
oh ok..so the Longde teachings from Rinpoche aren't complete enough? You said in another post that they were complete..but hey, if its one of those things that is not to be discussed at all then cool..no prob
Longde is a complete method, that does not mean it is a complete explanation. The explanation you are looking for is in Upadesha level tantras, in thogal. Longde is a bridge between semsde and managde.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:26 pm

Longde is a complete method, that does not mean it is a complete explanation. The explanation you are looking for is in Upadesha level tantras, in thogal. Longde is a bridge between semsde and managde.
ahhh...ok..thank you...sorry..I still dont know what can be asked/talked about and what cant..my Teacher is gone...there is, as far as I know, no one else out there that teaches Longde the way he did...He also said that Longde was a bridge to rainbow body...
Is it possible that with continued practice many of the answers will become known through practice? or is that just wishful thinking?
heart

Post by heart »

Fa dao,
I have seen you ask this question, or a version of this question, several times. Have you ever asked a Dzogchen teacher for help? For sure in many ways ChNNR was unique and it is true that he is the only master I ever heard off teaching Longde in public. However, that doesn't exactly mean that he is the only one that could help you with your practice. It might be a great trip searching out Dzogchen masters and ask for interviews and explain your situation and see what happened, it certainly wouldn't be a waste of time.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Yup, there are for sure at least few teachers who would be more than willing to answer your questions. Some teachers are even students of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche, for example Tulku Dakpa Rinpoche.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fa Dao wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:00 pm
Malcolm wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:26 pm

ahhh...ok..thank you...sorry..I still dont know what can be asked/talked about and what cant..my Teacher is gone...there is, as far as I know, no one else out there that teaches Longde the way he did...He also said that Longde was a bridge to rainbow body...
Is it possible that with continued practice many of the answers will become known through practice? or is that just wishful thinking?
Yes, because Longde is a bridge to thogal.

Wishful thinking. You live near a very qualified Dzogchen master, Tulku Sangngak. I suggest you seek teachings from him.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Fa Dao,

Remember the words of ChNN: We are living in time, and time is passing.

Like so many here have suggested, please do seek out qualified teachers to get help from. And, if it is the case that you live near Tulku Sangngak Rinpoche, what are you even waiting for?
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

ok guys..I hear you..thanks
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fa Dao wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:21 am ok guys..I hear you..thanks
He will insist you do a ngondro.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:12 am
Fa Dao wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:21 am ok guys..I hear you..thanks
He will insist you do a ngondro.
I know..thats one of the reasons why I haven't gone there before...I have met many Teachers in the past almost 40 years...Norbu is the one that always made sense to me...the way he taught I just got it...ya know what I mean?
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

and I should add that I am just too damn old, tired, and brain damaged to start off from square one....btw, I wasnt asking about actual techniques/practices, I was just trying to wrap my head around the process, the theoretical side...oh well
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Fa Dao wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:39 am and I should add that I am just too damn old, tired, and brain damaged to start off from square one....btw, I wasnt asking about actual techniques/practices, I was just trying to wrap my head around the process, the theoretical side...oh well
But ngöndro is not a square one. I mean it can be pretty discouraging when one is older, but it really helped me and many other people around me. Some of them are even students who consider ChNN to be their primary teacher and even they feel that ngöndro helped them gain the qualities to go deeper. But ofcourse, this depends on you.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
fckw

Post by fckw »

I have never really heard teachers talk openly about topics such as the question asked even to advanced students. The common pattern seems to be: teacher visits place XYZ for a retreat. There gives empowerment, direct introduction, a text is being explained. In astonishingly few cases the teacher also gives you concrete meditation instructions including an explanation of the expected effects. If you are lucky, you get a 10 minutes interview slot in a 2 week retreat with the teacher. After 2 weeks the teacher travels further.

So: Unless you are doing a 3 years retreat or similar, or unless you are able to read old Tibetan, getting answers to questions such as the one above is not really offered by anyone.

Now, maybe that's even a good thing, I don't want to judge it. There are good reasons why certain things are rarely openly discussed. But telling others to "go and seek a good teacher" is, in my view, more or less same as telling people off. Name me one teacher who, when a foreign person shows up and asks about details of menngagde teachings, will openly explain things to that person. Why should s/he? The person could be mad, could want to publish stuff on the internet etc. You don't know him/her, so rather be careful. This means: No, "go ask a teacher" will not get you any further in most cases. And not everyone has the energy or the money left to travel to exotic places to find another teacher to ask.
Danny

Post by Danny »

That's the self liberation glass ceiling I guess.
Traditionly HYT was never given in large groups, but very intimate setting. Dzogchen was even more intimate. So in many ways we've been very fortunate. An embarrassment of riches.

Regards
Danny

Post by Danny »

The great thing about the information your seeking, is its actually coded in the teachings, and you've got to know what the poetic language looks like and understand the terms.
For example I was reading an old book on my shelf during lockdown, gave me the chance to look and read somethings I had not had chance to do so, and was a passage in it that blew my mind, totally thogal instructions. So don't lose heart.

Regards
fckw

Post by fckw »

Danny wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:07 am That's the self liberation glass ceiling I guess.
Traditionly HYT was never given in large groups, but very intimate setting. Dzogchen was even more intimate. So in many ways we've been very fortunate. An embarrassment of riches.

Regards
So, has Dzogchen always been elitist? Only accessible by a small minority? And, even if it was, should it stay that way?

Assuming, Dzogchen teachings would be available openly to everyone. Would this cause more harm or more benefit to everyone?

Return to “Dzogchen”