Tulku Thondrup Rinpoche

Herb

Tulku Thondrup Rinpoche

Post by Herb »

I am considering buying the book, Boundless Vision, which is translated by Tulku Thondrup Rinpoche. At first I thought the translator was Tulku Thondup Rinpoche, until I saw the addition of an “r” in his name. Can anyone tell me if the translator’s name is misspelled on the book or if this is two different people? You can find the book on Amazon if you’d like to check it out.

Thank you, Herb
heart

Re: Tulku Thondrup Rinpoche

Post by heart »

Herb wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:56 am I am considering buying the book, Boundless Vision, which is translated by Tulku Thondrup Rinpoche. At first I thought the translator was Tulku Thondup Rinpoche, until I saw the addition of an “r” in his name. Can anyone tell me if the translator’s name is misspelled on the book or if this is two different people? You can find the book on Amazon if you’d like to check it out.

Thank you, Herb
"Tulku Thondrup Rinpoche's translation has been edited by Keith Dowman". It is translated by Tulku Thondrup but then edited by Keith Dowman and not everyone is happy about that.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
crazy-man

Re: Tulku Thondrup Rinpoche

Post by crazy-man »

It is translated by Tulku Thondrup but then edited by Keith Dowman and not everyone is happy about that.
it is a sad story. i heard that James Low, Tulku Thondup (sprul sku don grub) and the Khordong community who paid Keith Dowman to translate and edit this text, did not give their permission to publish the book, because the translation is incorrect and the text should not be freely accessible

OM SOTI
LA MED TSO KYE GYAL WAI RING LUG CHOG
KA TER MIN DROL ME NGAG SAM MI KHYAB
PEL DZE CHI WA MED PAI RIG DZIN JE
YANG TRUL NYUR JON DZAD THRIN LHUN DRUB SHOG

Return to “Dzogchen”