ChNN- Black Manjushri practice

spirited1

ChNN- Black Manjushri practice

Post by spirited1 »

In the last retreat ChNN gave the lung for Black Manjushri. I would be grateful if anyone could PM me with details on how to perform the practice and the mantra please.

Many thanks :)
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: ChNN- Black Manjushri practice

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

May I also ask for PM with details of the practice? :smile:
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

me too....

but i do not even know which black manjusri it is: there is a sitting one - like the yellow manjushri but he is black,
an there is a black heruka wrathful and upright standing, or dancing with sword & book
Lost In Transmission
zenman

Post by zenman »

Do you refer to the last WWT with Garab Dorje? Someone mentioned some other lung as well.
spirited1

Post by spirited1 »

Yes, the one he gave after the Garab Dorje WWT in the last session before Gana Puja
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

sorry my ignorance -again haha- but, what this practices is for?
manju is related to wisdom, but i would like to know details for further application

thank you very much
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Karinos

Post by Karinos »

it's healing / repelling negative influences of harmful spirits kind of practice
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Karinos wrote:it's healing / repelling negative influences of harmful spirits kind of practice
i see, thank you
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Stefos

Post by Stefos »

Hi,

Could someone PM me with the details of the practice of Black Manjushri, some .jpeg or .gif of Black manjushri or where to get one, and the mantra?

Thanks,
Stefos

P.S. I attended online....like 5am in Tenerife time.

P.S. P.S. Thank you Master Norbu!!!!!!

Stefos.......A Tsegyalgar East member& receiver of direct transmission, oral & symbolic transmission & lover of the state of Presence
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

With regards to this practice, I am sure there's a sadhana or details of practice etc. but ChNN has never taught this (to the best of my knowledge). He only gives transmission of this mantra because at one point in time, a number of people requested him to give it (for whatever reason), and as such he has continued giving transmission of it.

ChNN says that in general the purpose of this practice is perfectly fulfilled with the practice of Dorje Kotrab, and that he also gives transmission of and in addition there is a booklet of the practice, how to do it etc., for those who have received it from ChNN. So that could be an alternative. At least ChNN mentions this practice many times in this context.
Stefos

Post by Stefos »

Norwegian wrote:With regards to this practice, I am sure there's a sadhana or details of practice etc. but ChNN has never taught this (to the best of my knowledge). He only gives transmission of this mantra because at one point in time, a number of people requested him to give it (for whatever reason), and as such he has continued giving transmission of it.

ChNN says that in general the purpose of this practice is perfectly fulfilled with the practice of Dorje Kotrab, and that he also gives transmission of and in addition there is a booklet of the practice, how to do it etc., for those who have received it from ChNN. So that could be an alternative. At least ChNN mentions this practice many times in this context.

I wondered about this.

So, There is a booklet on Black Manjushri? I never saw one in the Tsegyalgar Bookstore.

Where would the booklet be found?

Thanks,
Stefos

P.S. I have received the rlung for the Dorje Kotrab practice.

Dorje Kotrab is quite extensive.....It's not really an "accessible" practice to do daily. If you read the book(let) you know why.

I would prefer the Black Manjushri practice instead.

Thank you! :)
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Stefos wrote:

Dorje Kotrab is quite extensive.....It's not really an "accessible" practice to do daily. If you read the book(let) you know why.

I do the Dorje Kotrab practice daily according to those same instructions. I have found it to be accessible logistically.
Stefos

Post by Stefos »

DGA wrote:
Stefos wrote:

I do the Dorje Kotrab practice daily according to those same instructions. I have found it to be accessible logistically.
My apologies I was thinking of Dorje Trolod!

Still......I would appreciate the Black Manjushri practice & mantra.

Thanks,
Stefos
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Stefos wrote:
Norwegian wrote:With regards to this practice, I am sure there's a sadhana or details of practice etc. but ChNN has never taught this (to the best of my knowledge). He only gives transmission of this mantra because at one point in time, a number of people requested him to give it (for whatever reason), and as such he has continued giving transmission of it.

I wondered about this.

So, There is a booklet on Black Manjushri? I never saw one in the Tsegyalgar Bookstore.

Where would the booklet be found?

Thanks,
Stefos

There is no booklet.

Like I said, ChNN does not teach this practice. Therefore, there is no booklet. As there are no teachings.

Return to “Dzogchen”