Buddhahood in This Life

Dharmaswede

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Dharmaswede »

Malcolm wrote:
If enough people demonstrated interest, I might be able to arrange for a lama to give the lung of the original Tibetan text.
This is a wonderful prospect. Can we somehow take stock of the interest? Poll here on Dharmawheel? E-mail a designated person that will add up names of interested?

Best,

Jens
bfaus

Post by bfaus »

Thank you Malcom for your work and continuous efforts! I would too be interested in receiving the Lung.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

bfaus wrote:Thank you Malcom for your work and continuous efforts! I would too be interested in receiving the Lung.
I have just received word from the Lama I had in mind that he would be willing to do this, and the way it will work is that he will give a section of the text, which I will then read in english, and so it might take a couple of days.

When the detail are worked out, I will let you know.

M
"Nonduality is merely a name;
that name does not exist."
—Kotalipa
Virgo
Former staff member

Post by Virgo »

I finished this book recently, and it was amazing.

Kevin
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Malcolm wrote:
bfaus wrote:Thank you Malcom for your work and continuous efforts! I would too be interested in receiving the Lung.
I have just received word from the Lama I had in mind that he would be willing to do this, and the way it will work is that he will give a section of the text, which I will then read in english, and so it might take a couple of days.

M

:thumbsup:

May we ask who the Lama is? Would it be open to participation in meat space too?
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Adamantine wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

M

May we ask who the Lama is? Would it be open to participation in meat space too?
The Lama, who will remain nameless for now, is top notch. And I am not sure yet about the venue, but watch this space, and I will keep you all in the loop when we have finalized details of dates and venue.

Thanks,

M
—Kotalipa
Marc

Post by Marc »

Malcolm wrote:
Adamantine wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

M

The Lama, who will remain nameless for now, is top notch. And I am not sure yet about the venue, but watch this space, and I will keep you all in the loop when we have finalized details of dates and venue.

Thanks,

M
Wonderful ! :twothumbsup:
Thank you Malcolm :namaste:
pael

Post by pael »

Malcolm wrote:
pael wrote:Is this book practical? Is it useful? Can you read it without lung? Can you use it without lung? How long lungs webcast is? When it comes here is night.
This book is a systematic overview of the teachings found in the 17 Dzogchen Tantras. If you have Dzogchen transmission, you can use the information in the book.
Is World Wide Guru Yoga Transmission of Namkhai Norbu Dzogchen transmission?
Is it enough?
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

pael wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
pael wrote:Is this book practical? Is it useful? Can you read it without lung? Can you use it without lung? How long lungs webcast is? When it comes here is night.
This book is a systematic overview of the teachings found in the 17 Dzogchen Tantras. If you have Dzogchen transmission, you can use the information in the book.
Is World Wide Guru Yoga Transmission of Namkhai Norbu Dzogchen transmission?
Is it enough?

Yes.
—Kotalipa
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Malcom,

Can you recommend this book as a starting point for those who have received transmission yet are new to Dzogchen teachings and have not read any other material?

If not can you recommend a starting point so one can work towards this material?

Thanks!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Lukeinaz wrote:Malcom,

Can you recommend this book as a starting point for those who have received transmission yet are new to Dzogchen teachings and have not read any other material?

If not can you recommend a starting point so one can work towards this material?

Thanks!
There are parts in this book suited to beginners, specifically topic 8, in the sections on semzins and rushan. The first seven topics mainly cover theory and yogic anatomy. Of course the latter is very important, and one should understand them well.

Otherwise, get the Precious Vase and work through it. Or get both.
—Kotalipa
efausett

Post by efausett »

Very interested in this also!
pael

Post by pael »

Malcolm wrote:

Thanks!
Is WWT webcast of Namkhai Norbu enough for this also?
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

pael wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

Thanks!
Is WWT webcast of Namkhai Norbu enough for this also?
Yes.
—Kotalipa
Rick

Post by Rick »

Malcolm,

When will your Wisdom podcast be downloadable?
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

rachmiel wrote:Malcolm,

When will your Wisdom podcast be downloadable?
I am not sure.
—Kotalipa
Rick

Post by Rick »

Join the club.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Hi All, just a reminder for those interested, I will be live streaming a talk on the book from http://facebook.com/zangthal/.
—Kotalipa
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Malcolm wrote:Hi All, just a reminder for those interested, I will be live streaming a talk on the book from http://facebook.com/zangthal/.
Excellent! I will tune in then.
"The Guru is the Buddha, the Guru is the Dharma,
The Guru is the Sangha too,
The Guru is Śrī Heruka.
The All-Creating King is the Guru."

-- The Secret Assembly Tantra
Marc

Post by Marc »

Malcolm wrote:Hi All, just a reminder for those interested, I will be live streaming a talk on the book from http://facebook.com/zangthal/.
Hi everyone
I'm on Zangthal Edition FB page and also on the event's page as well, and I don't see any link or video screen :thinking:
Have you guys found it ?
Thx

Return to “Dzogchen”