commentary of sang gyay say chig tantra?

mingweicello

commentary of sang gyay say chig tantra?

Post by mingweicello »

hi , I just wondering are there any commentaries on this important tantra? based on my knowledge Garab Dorje had one commentary, has that being translated into English? thank you!
heart

Re: commentary of sang gyay say chig tantra?

Post by heart »

mingweicello wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:23 am hi , I just wondering are there any commentaries on this important tantra? based on my knowledge Garab Dorje had one commentary, has that being translated into English? thank you!
There are several tantras with that name, here is a very short version: https://lhaseylotsawa.org/library/seed- ... ll-buddhas . Never heard of any translation of any commentary.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

heart wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:46 am
mingweicello wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:23 am hi , I just wondering are there any commentaries on this important tantra? based on my knowledge Garab Dorje had one commentary, has that being translated into English? thank you!
There are several tantras with that name, here is a very short version: https://lhaseylotsawa.org/library/seed- ... ll-buddhas . Never heard of any translation of any commentary.

/magnus
I believe EPK translated it - the Garab Dorje commentary is in the Vima Nyingthig. There's also a reading method by Kongrul which has been translated as a Ranjung Yeshe pamphlet. I've been unable to track either down, though - if anyone does, please let me know.
aussiebloke

Post by aussiebloke »

There is a commentary by Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche on this tantra but I doubt that it's available in print.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

aussiebloke wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:44 am There is a commentary by Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche on this tantra but I doubt that it's available in print.
Do they have physical copies at KNSL? They have his commentaries on the lotus essence tantra in pamphlet form
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

PeterC wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:04 am

/magnus
I believe EPK translated it - the Garab Dorje commentary is in the Vima Nyingthig. There's also a reading method by Kongrul which has been translated as a Ranjung Yeshe pamphlet. I've been unable to track either down, though - if anyone does, please let me know.
Turns out he hasn’t translated it.
heart

Post by heart »

PeterC wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:15 pm

/magnus
Sure he did, the short one. But there is also a very long one.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

heart wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:31 pm

/magnus
I mean the commentary, not the tantra. I emailed him to ask. Plenty of translations exist of the tantra.
heart

Post by heart »

PeterC wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:49 am
heart wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:31 pm

/magnus
I mean the commentary, not the tantra. I emailed him to ask. Plenty of translations exist of the tantra.
Ok, if you are in contact with him ask him for the reading method then.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

mingweicello

Post by mingweicello »

please let me know if you can find the English version of the tantra. thank you so much!
heart

Post by heart »

mingweicello wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:15 pm please let me know if you can find the English version of the tantra. thank you so much!
https://lhaseylotsawa.org/library/seed- ... ll-buddhas

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

mingweicello

Post by mingweicello »

thank you!so this is the shorter version of the tantra. does the longer version one also been translated?
heart

Post by heart »

mingweicello wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:26 am thank you!so this is the shorter version of the tantra. does the longer version one also been translated?
Someone told me it been translated to Chinese, but I don't know anything about that.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

mingweicello

Post by mingweicello »

yes, at least three different versions in classical Chinese.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

mingweicello wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:06 pm yes, at least three different versions in classical Chinese.
Any of those available online anywhere?
mingweicello

Post by mingweicello »

no. only in printed version.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

mingweicello wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:55 am no. only in printed version.
Who publishes?
mingweicello

Post by mingweicello »

private copy. not published yet. do you read Chinese?
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

mingweicello wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:21 pm private copy. not published yet. do you read Chinese?
Yes

Return to “Dzogchen”