Trekcho and Togal

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
penalvad_uba

Trekcho and Togal

Post by penalvad_uba »

Does someone could explain those concepts, refering to the authoritative sources of your learning ?

What relations they have, if any, to Vipasyana, Language and Elements/Dakinis of the 5 families ?

Thank you
Arnoud

Re: Trekcho and Togal

Post by Arnoud »

There are many books available which address the topic in depth but really, without a teacher, true experiential understanding won't arise.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

For a real explanation you have to receive instructions.

Virgo
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Goodness gracious

not in a public forum

Receive from a living, breathing teacher

Studying these things prematurely without permission is likely to harm your actual understanding when you do receive those instructions
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
karmanyingpo

Post by karmanyingpo »

penalvad_uba wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:17 pm Does someone could explain those concepts, refering to the authoritative sources of your learning ?

What relations they have, if any, to Vipasyana, Language and Elements/Dakinis of the 5 families ?

Thank you
I think it is adequate to say they are powerful and direct methods of realizing reality but methods that utterly depend on lineage connection, a teacher, and are easily spoiled by gaining too much intellectual "baggage" before connecting in this way.

Vipasyana and shamatha are often taught before, and even after, can be done from the View that MUST be introduced by a qualified teacher.

Language? I am not sure what you mean but, I can say that these practices lead one to that which cannot be fully captured in words and language, but where words and language are still needed to lead one to that point, wielded by a skilled lineage holder

One way of thinking about lineage connection/necessity of teacher is that you have the practice on one hand, and the teacher on the other, and gate keeping in between that keeps anyone from accessing the practice... This is common and easy to fall into but it is incorrect, a misunderstanding. The lineage/teacher is PART of the practice itself, inseparable, so to try to remove or hop over that is to do the practice incorrectly.

All that said, there are some books out there that are written for general audiences. Be careful not to read anything that requires a transmission if you do not have the transmission or there is the danger of removing yourself further from the genuine practice

KN
ma lu dzok pe san gye thop par shok!
penalvad_uba

Post by penalvad_uba »

I see. It does make sense, as it is in any of the teachings, you need the Lama time precise pointer to the view.

Thanks
karmanyingpo

Post by karmanyingpo »

penalvad_uba wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:32 am I see. It does make sense, as it is in any of the teachings, you need the Lama time precise pointer to the view.

Thanks
Yes and please do not despair if you currently do not have such a connection. If you do wonderful that is great but if not, there are many teachers who are accepting students.. It just takes some searching, time, and accumulation of good karma. Dedicate your practice to connecting with a teacher, practice sincerely and persist and you will make progress

KN
ma lu dzok pe san gye thop par shok!

Return to “Meditation”