meditate then body feels hot

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
empting

meditate then body feels hot

Post by empting »

sometimes left side of body suddenly feel very hot

sometimes its right side of body

i had kundalini awakening but the heat is not felt the same during awakening, i try to feel the source but was unable to pinpoint it

the heat is from bottom up to neck level

anyone know
1. is it really kundalini? why only one side of body feels the heat?
2. why doesnt it penetrate to face/head?
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: meditate then body feels hot

Post by Ayu »

It happened to me that parts of the body turned suddenly hot. The left toe or the right ear. But this happened while reading. It was some syndrome of the nervous system but nothing serious.
empting

Post by empting »

Ayu wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:56 pm It happened to me that parts of the body turned suddenly hot. The left toe or the right ear. But this happened while reading. It was some syndrome of the nervous system but nothing serious.
actually my teacher once told me that i kundalini awakening fails and only wake up one side

i worry it will cause my having problem

such as currently i have schizophrenia
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

empting wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:23 pm
Ayu wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:56 pm It happened to me that parts of the body turned suddenly hot. The left toe or the right ear. But this happened while reading. It was some syndrome of the nervous system but nothing serious.
actually my teacher once told me that i kundalini awakening fails and only wake up one side

i worry it will cause my having problem

such as currently i have schizophrenia
I don't think, it's Kundalini but I'm no teacher though.

Some decades ago I suffered from psychic instability (kind of psychosis). A yoga teacher gave me the advice to skip meditation as long as no stability is gained. I stopped taking cannabis and started a very regular life with healthy habits. It took me two years to become mentally stable. Slowly, slowly.

So, my unprofessional advice is leave meditation for a while, if you have trouble with it. And please see a good doctor. Someone you can trust.

Return to “Meditation”