Undriven-Mind: letting go of the next thought

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
SilenceMonkey

Re: Undriven-Mind: letting go of the next thought

Post by SilenceMonkey »

The two teachers mentioned, you can connect with them online. It's definitely worth a shot!
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

Me :lol: ? You want to give me a teacher? :lol: :lol:

I would be weaned enough to fly on my own. And if I need help, all I have to do is think of my teacher and ask for help. He responses immediately.
It’s eye blinking.
SilenceMonkey

Post by SilenceMonkey »

LastLegend wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:23 pm Me :lol: ? You want to give me a teacher? :lol: :lol:

I would be weaned enough to fly on my own. And if I need help, all I have to do is think of my teacher and ask for help. He responses immediately.
Not you, the OP. He's reading Master Sheng Yen's books, it would be good to connect with other experienced practitioners in the lineage.
yinyangkoi

Post by yinyangkoi »

I was like you, reading all the books until there was nothing more to read, I heard all the stories. I also work in the tech industry, very analytical and sharp intellect. Then I went to a nearby zen center and found a master to teach me. I just couldn't figure out nirvana. I read all the stories, but it never clicked. My god the difference, one interview completely shattered my view on zen. I knew all the words but when it was about putting it to practice and proving the master you know what it means, it's completely different. I would have gotten the stick 1000 times. The master really knows, yet just an ordinary person, but with a level of realization much higher than yours. I know you want to know, this deep desire to know something you don't know yet, something that looks not like regular knowledge, but something deeper that can't even be called knowledge. What is this? What is reality?

Return to “Meditation”