Double lung transplant

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Re: Double lung transplant

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

PadmaVonSamba wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:52 pm Hey!
I just had a double lung transplant a few days ago. I’m doing fine at this point, but any extra good wishes especially for loss to the donor family would be nice. Thanks!
Wishing you a good recovery after the operation :thumbsup:
明安 Myoan
Former staff member

Post by 明安 Myoan »

:twothumbsup:
Namu Amida Butsu
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

I knew you had lung probs but not double lung worthy.WTF! The world is a better place with you in it.I rejoice in your recovery. :twothumbsup:
Punya

Post by Punya »

PadmaVonSamba wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:52 pm Hey!
I just had a double lung transplant a few days ago. I’m doing fine at this point, but any extra good wishes especially for loss to the donor family would be nice. Thanks!
OMG! May your recovery continue well. May you continue to make wonderful contributions to Dharmawheel. May the donor and their family gain great merit.
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Update:
Thank you, everyone, for all the kind wishes (posted or otherwise). I am going home from the hospital today (September 17) as the doctors say I have made a remarkably speedy recovery (a week rather than, say, 2-6 weeks). Then, of course, I still need gentle healing time, which is expected to be a few months.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

Happy homecoming, PadmaVonSamba! :smile:
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

PadmaVonSamba wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:20 am Update:
Thank you, everyone, for all the kind wishes (posted or otherwise). I am going home from the hospital today (September 17) as the doctors say I have made a remarkably speedy recovery (a week rather than, say, 2-6 weeks). Then, of course, I still need gentle healing time, which is expected to be a few months.
Oops … my hospital time was 10 days (rather than a week). Still, pretty good time they said.
EMPTIFUL.
Giovanni

Post by Giovanni »

May you and the donor be free from suffering and the causes of suffering and may you and the donor know great peace.

:namaste:
justsit

Post by justsit »

Really excellent news, congratulations!

Recently retired RN here. Just wondering, if you care to share, what type of respiratory discharge instructions you received re: masking.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

justsit wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:29 pm
Really excellent news, congratulations!

Recently retired RN here. Just wondering, if you care to share, what type of respiratory discharge instructions you received re: masking.
Nothing outside the usual. At our house we have been really strict about everything anyway. I live just outside a big city which officially now only has 10 ICU beds available.
EMPTIFUL.
justsit

Post by justsit »

Thanks, that's interesting. No discussion of N95 vs. surgical vs. cloth masks?
emaho

Post by emaho »

If you can breathe through a mask at all, you may want to take a look at washable FFP2 masks from cloth*. There are some products on the market that are certified and fulfill all requirements by German law in areas where FFP2 masks are mandatory. They're much more comfortable to wear and much easier to breathe through than non-reusable FFP2 masks. Of course I have absolutely no clue what it's like to have a lung transplant, but I do have asthma, my lung capacity is down to 40% in some aspects, I find them very comfortable to wear and to breathe through, I'm sometimes even wearing them when I'm bicycling when there's a lot of traffic and the air is too bad. (If it's ok to mention the brand name, I'm using the ones from Casada Medical.)

Best wishes for your recovery!

PS: * the filter membrane is made of PTFE, the outer layers are made of cloth
"I struggled with some demons, They were middle class and tame..." L. Cohen
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

justsit wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:39 pm Thanks, that's interesting. No discussion of N95 vs. surgical vs. cloth masks?
Not specifically
EMPTIFUL.

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”