Prayers for healing of myself.

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
Budai

Re: Prayers for healing of myself.

Post by Budai »

SilenceMonkey wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:09 pm
Budai wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:32 am Yes even my Guru says something to the extent of: “The whole Saha world is moving under such false egoism of "I" and "mine,"…”
Then if you want to progress, you’ll want to let go of all of your self-cherishing. It’s very simple. The more you hold on to a sense of self, the more you will suffer.

And this sort of suffering is not progress, it is holding you back as it is based in delusion.
The Self is just an Expedient Means, so is the Soul, so is everything including even form and even Emptiness is an Expedient Means. That is why people say that Expedient Means is the Ultimate. But then what do we have left? Only Compassion, and since I was told to focus most on Compassion that is what I am trying to focus on. I am not concerned with what exists and what doesn’t! Because I already know, and that is no hefty claim, all beings and phenomena know, they simply may not always access that knowledge. But if you think I aught to focus on something other than Compassion, let me know, and I will follow your Advice. Thank you SilenceMonkey. Namaste. Om.
SilenceMonkey

Post by SilenceMonkey »

Budai wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:21 pm
Budai wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:32 am Yes even my Guru says something to the extent of: “The whole Saha world is moving under such false egoism of "I" and "mine,"…”
Then if you want to progress, you’ll want to let go of all of your self-cherishing. It’s very simple. The more you hold on to a sense of self, the more you will suffer.

And this sort of suffering is not progress, it is holding you back as it is based in delusion.
The Self is just an Expedient Means, so is the Soul, so is everything including even form and even Emptiness is an Expedient Means. That is why people say that Expedient Means is the Ultimate. But then what do we have left? Only Compassion, and since I was told to focus most on Compassion that is what I am trying to focus on. I am not concerned with what exists and what doesn’t! Because I already know, and that is no hefty claim, all beings and phenomena know, they simply may not always access that knowledge. But if you think I aught to focus on something other than Compassion, let me know, and I will follow your Advice. Thank you SilenceMonkey. Namaste. Om.
I have some thoughts about what would be good to focus on... but first maybe we should examine what you believe is meant by "expedient means." Perhaps you could elaborate?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Budai wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:02 pm
Malcolm wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:02 pm
Budai wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:23 pm I have been through a lot of trauma helping people I Love deeply with their karma, and eventually I had to stop taking on many peoples karma because it hurt me too much physically and emotionally to continue on.
I pray that you free yourself from the fantasy that you can take on other peoples karma. Not even the Buddha could take on other peoples karma.
It’s not that He couldn’t,
He could not, and made it quite clear he could not.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

Budai wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:02 pm
Malcolm wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:02 pm
Budai wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:23 pm I have been through a lot of trauma helping people I Love deeply with their karma, and eventually I had to stop taking on many peoples karma because it hurt me too much physically and emotionally to continue on.
I pray that you free yourself from the fantasy that you can take on other peoples karma. Not even the Buddha could take on other peoples karma.
It’s not that He couldn’t, I just think that it is a Path of insanity to attempt it. At it’s most congurent, Avalokakitesvara, when He was a follower of Caitanya in a Vedic text, asked Caitanya if He, Avalokakitesvara, could take on the karma of all living entities upon His own head because He could not bear to see them suffer anymore. But Caitanya wouldn’t allow it and said that the Universe would be vacated and there would be no loss for it if it were so, so there was no reason to lament, and because of such Compassion in the request even shown once, all beings would become Buddhas. This is in a Vedic text of the Bhagavatam Purana, but for this reason many Vaishnavas hail that form of Avalokakitesvara as more merciful than even Jesus Christ because He was willing to take on the karma of all beings, not just of His followers. But this is a complicated matter. But as you know, even Tibetan Masters take on the karma of their disciples when requested in order to help them progress in a lighter sense. Powerful Buddhists don’t let others suffer alone, and in a sense we are all sharing some karma here in this world.

But what I am asking anyone here to pray for me for is that I stay out of the affairs of karma. My Guru has told me directly, three times, many years ago to stay out of the affairs of karma. And I have not always listened. So I ask for the prayers of the Buddhists that are so wonderful here to put me on the Path where I stay out of the affairs of karma. And also, I ask Avalokakitesvara to Force me to stay out of the affairs of karma the Way my Guru asked of me to many years ago, three times He asked, so please Avalokakitesvara make sure I follow His request regardless of whether I want to or not. This is my deepest request of you, Chenrezig. Om.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo.
You can...but that’s more self harm...It’s insanity and it’s real. Please say no. Maybe when you are at the level of Avalokiteshvara you can.
Giovanni

Post by Giovanni »

My best advice to you Budai is to stick with one Buddhist tradition under the instruction of one teacher and practice that for the rest of your life. Do not attempt to mix Vajrayana and Nichiren for example. Pick one and stand.
And forget about other people for a while. Caring about them will start up on its own as you practise.
Lay down your burdens.
SilenceMonkey

Post by SilenceMonkey »

Well, anyway... You mentioned Thich Nhat Hanh. His book teaching the Diamond Sutra is wonderful. I also recommend Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind. I think reading all the way through may give a good sense of authentic buddhist view. I think these two will help with the things we were talking about earlier in the thread.
Budai

Post by Budai »

SilenceMonkey wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:40 pm

Well, anyway... You mentioned Thich Nhat Hanh. His book teaching the Diamond Sutra is wonderful. I also recommend Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind. I think reading all the way through may give a good sense of authentic buddhist view. I think these two will help with the things we were talking about earlier in the thread.
Thank you. I have read the Diamond Sutra as Thich Nhat Hanh instructs to understand it. And I have heard my friend talk often about Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind. I will look into those. Thank you very much, SilenceMonkey!

Om.
明安 Myoan
Former staff member

Post by 明安 Myoan »

Giovanni wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:29 am My best advice to you Budai is to stick with one Buddhist tradition under the instruction of one teacher and practice that for the rest of your life. Do not attempt to mix Vajrayana and Nichiren for example. Pick one and stand.
And forget about other people for a while. Caring about them will start up on its own as you practise.
Lay down your burdens.
:good:
Namu Amida Butsu
_Namaste_

Post by _Namaste_ »

Namaste, my friend ,

I will pray for you

:namaste:
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

Malcolm told you what you are asking to be freed of is not even possible. So no need to ask for help with it. You are fine. Maybe study more buddhist philosophy or go to a mental health counselor. How do you think you were taking on peoples karma btw? I wonder how you did that in practice.
avatamsaka3

Post by avatamsaka3 »

Only Compassion, and since I was told to focus most on Compassion that is what I am trying to focus on.
Yes, and what does this actually require of you?

The other day I encountered a beetle that was on its back. It couldn't get up. So I found a leaf and got him back on his feet. It's easy to save beetles.
Budai

Post by Budai »

Toenail wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:30 pm Malcolm told you what you are asking to be freed of is not even possible. So no need to ask for help with it. You are fine. Maybe study more buddhist philosophy or go to a mental health counselor. How do you think you were taking on peoples karma btw? I wonder how you did that in practice.
It’s not like any of the pain I ever felt was my own karma. So don’t insult me, I don’t deserve to be raped abused or tortured for many years, I knew what I was doing to save others and I’m not an idiot. I wouldn’t allow anyone else to do what I did, at all, and yes I was taking on other people’s karma and that is why innocent people suffer—when they do that. You can throw your action reaction theories out the window and past life misunderstanding nonsense straight back to mara where you got it from, lol. I saved billions of people from suffering, and made many people into Buddhas, even more than that. I am the Hero of the World as Nichiren puts it. If you’re too scared to respect that, devote yourself and the rest of your Buddhist Practice to Nichiren Buddhism to understand who I am and where I came from. It’s the more you learn about yourself dear one.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo.

Om Mani Padme Hum.

Namu Amida Butsu.

I am just sick of doing it, that is why I made this thread, for Buddhist mental health help. If you can’t help a Buddhist like that, then you are not one and need to go pray to Jesus to learn Compassion or something like that.

Anyway, I Love you, good Doctor.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Budai wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:46 am
Toenail wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:30 pm Malcolm told you what you are asking to be freed of is not even possible. So no need to ask for help with it. You are fine. Maybe study more buddhist philosophy or go to a mental health counselor. How do you think you were taking on peoples karma btw? I wonder how you did that in practice.
It’s not like any of the pain I ever felt was my own karma. So don’t insult me, I don’t deserve to be raped abused or tortured for many years, I knew what I was doing to save others and I’m not an idiot. I wouldn’t allow anyone else to do what I did, at all, and yes I was taking on other people’s karma and that is why innocent people suffer—when they do that. You can throw your action reaction theories out the window and past life misunderstanding nonsense straight back to mara where you got it from, lol. I saved billions of people from suffering, and made many people into Buddhas, even more than that. I am the Hero of the World as Nichiren puts it. If you’re too scared to respect that, devote yourself and the rest of your Buddhist Practice to Nichiren Buddhism to understand who I am and where I came from. It’s the more you learn about yourself dear one.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo.

Om Mani Padme Hum.

Namu Amida Butsu.

I am just sick of doing it, that is why I made this thread, for Buddhist mental health help. If you can’t help a Buddhist like that, then you are not one and need to go pray to Jesus to learn Compassion or something like that.

Anyway, I Love you, good Doctor.
You have a very vivid fantasy. Even if you believe in this very strongly, nothing of it is likely to be true.
I believe, it would be very important and helpful for you to find some help in meatspace (non-digital realm, social contacts or professional help in flesh & blood.)

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”