Donden Chojin Assoc. Life Release for HH Karmapa

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
cjdevries

Donden Chojin Assoc. Life Release for HH Karmapa

Post by cjdevries »

Donden Chojin Association is organizing a regular life release dedicated to HH Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje. Go to their main page, https://dondenchojin.org/, scroll down and look on the left side of the page for instructions and information about how to donate.
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche

"Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Gandhi
Simon E.

Re: Donden Chojin Assoc. Life Release for HH Karmapa

Post by Simon E. »

A highly questionable activity which upsets the ecological balance in the release area, which in turn results in a high death rate in the days following. It is also frequently an opportunity for scams of various kinds including well known examples of ( for example) fishermen waiting round the cove to snap up the newly realised and confused animals.

Don’t encourage it.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
cjdevries

Post by cjdevries »

I was hoping this was an organization that had done their research about the actual release; proper environment, amount, etc. Life release can be a great practice if the right research is done.
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche

"Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Gandhi
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Probably..but a lot don’t. If this is an exception then more power to their elbows. But there are some real horror stories of badly managed releases..
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

It says on the website they're doing life releasing in a 'scientific way' so I think they're aware of the usual life release issues.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

Today's world is so much more complex than the world at the time of Buddha, I don't think that life release works anymore the way these people imagine it would. These days you destroy life by polluting the oceans with millions of tons of plastic garbage, by making motorways that destroy the ancient habitats of many animal species, by building dams that break the fishes' habitats, by cutting down rainforests, etc...
We buy computers and stuff made in countries that pollute the rivers that flow into the oceans, thus we are indirectly responsible. We benefit from the motorways even when we do not drive on them ourselves, through buying and consuming goods that are transported via motorways.
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
Orgyen

Post by Orgyen »

Buddha' s1st precept abstain to kill does not work on those are not buddhists .
Education and action goes together .
People may speaks marvelously, highly intelligent but they have no integrity, the dharma do not function in their life .
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

Once during a fish release the previous Kalu R touched on this subject. He said that on the one hand many of the released fish would soon be eaten by larger fish, however the real value was in the fact the released fish had heard the mantras that were said over them.

It’s a different way of looking at things.

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”