Mother has entered hospice

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
kirtu
Former staff member

Mother has entered hospice

Post by kirtu »

My mother entered hospice today. I would appreciate prayers for her recovery or passage to the Pure Lands.

:namaste:

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Queequeg
Former staff member

Re: Mother has entered hospice

Post by Queequeg »

:anjali:
Will do.
Take care Kirt
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

kirtu wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:35 am My mother entered hospice today. I would appreciate prayers for her recovery or passage to the Pure Lands.

Kirt
For sure.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:meditate:

:anjali:
shaunc

Post by shaunc »

Namu Amida Butsu.
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

May she be free from suffering. May she know peace.

_/|\_
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

TAYATHA OM BEKANDZE BEKANDZE MAHABEKANDZE RAJA SAMUDGATE SOHA

May she be healed of all physical and mental suffering.
sangye menla.jpg
sangye menla.jpg (95.56 KiB) Viewed 2894 times
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

+1

Tayata, Om bekandze bekandze maha bekandze bekandze radja samogate soha
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

:namaste: May she know Great Peace..
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
rory

Post by rory »

Namu Amida Butsu; may your mother be born in Amida's Pure Land.
gassho
Rory
Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu
Chih-I:
The Tai-ching states "the women in the realms of Mara, Sakra and Brahma all neither abandoned ( their old) bodies nor received (new) bodies. They all received buddhahood with their current bodies (genshin)" Thus these verses state that the dharma nature is like a great ocean. No right or wrong is preached (within it) Ordinary people and sages are equal, without superiority or inferiority
Paul, Groner "The Lotus Sutra in Japanese Culture"eds. Tanabe p. 58
https://www.tendai-usa.org/
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

Namo Amitabhaya
Namo Amitabhaya
Namo Amitabhaya
Namo Amitabhaya
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

kirtu wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:35 am My mother entered hospice today. I would appreciate prayers for her recovery or passage to the Pure Lands.

Kirt
I'm so sorry. After just going through it myself I understand what you're feeling a bit. I spent a lot of time angry, or mad for any reason at all, just to avoid feeling other feelings that make you feel more vulnerable. I still haven't cried after my father died. All during his hospice, I would force myself to not cry. I'm sure it did nothing good for me.

In a lot of ways, I'm still dealing with it. I can't believe my father is gone. I walk by his room expecting to see him watching television, and he isn't there. I wish I could have told him a lot more thing's than I did. In the end, he developed a very severe form of dementia, where he couldn't understand anyone, didn't understand what was happening, nor could he respond to things coherently. He just constantly begged for help with terror in his eyes.

All we could do is sit beside him all day, and reassure him, clean him, give him massages, give him his medicines, try to make him comfortable. The process was very hard. I wish I knew that he was at peace, or happy, or that I knew anything at all about his current circumstances if he even has any.

I'm sorry for talking so much about myself; I'll stop here. I don't know your mother's circumstances, and I truly hope she gets better, but, please spend as much time with your mom as possible, tell her everything, absolutely everything you want to say, and want her to know. Even if it's embarrassing to do so. If she improves, then you'l have no regrets either way.

Before he got to that severe form of dementia, he reverted to a child-like state almost. I spent some time with him while he was like that, and I enjoyed it. He would talk to people who weren't there. One gem, it appeared that someone kept showing him things. He was in some kind of demi-sleep, semi-awake state. He would talk all the while. Many times he would say, that's so neat, and get this amazed look on his face. Like he was simultaneously amazed, happy, and flabbergasted. I truly do believe in the end, someone is there for us, they keep us company, and help us deal with what's happening. At least that was my perception of what was happening. Numerous times we overheard him talking to his dead mother, brother, and some of his dead friends. He also called out to a few animals we've had over the years that have passed away.

I don't know what any of that means, but it makes me feel slightly more hopeful. I'm sorry if this post is unwanted, or too depressing, etc.. If so I don't mind if you have it removed.

I'll pray for your mother, and try to dedicate some merit.

PS: While I don't really follow any specific Tradition, I have always felt an affinity with Amida Buddha, because of his vow. I will pray to him for you.

Truly, I wish you, and your family much compassion; understanding, love, and strength. :heart:
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
tkp67

Post by tkp67 »

I was my mother's health care proxy and it was my responsibility to choose hospice for her when the time came. She had pancreatic cancer. My life was full of painful challenges at the time and this was very difficult for me.

Her absence was a great catalyst for me to evoke the good she had done in my own life and really helped me manifest a bodhisattva nature which I feel keeps a deep connection between us even after her passing.

For me it seemed that this is one of the great "rituals" we naturally experience as a byproduct of this gift called life and that life and the meaning contained therein where still alive to some extent in me and the nature that karma takes in my own life is mine to choose.

You and your mother are in my thoughts.

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”