Mindful Visions (Free Windows Software)

Discuss the application of the Dharma to situations of social, political, environmental and economic suffering and injustice.
Jesse

Mindful Visions (Free Windows Software)

Post by Jesse »

I have been working on a piece of software that aids in mindfulness, It's an open source project so you can inspect and see it's virus free, or compile it safely for yourself (It's written in C#, using Visual Studio 2010), It's essentially a simple reminder, and let's you choose how often it's displayed. I know I spend way too much time online and often get lost in youtube videos and whatever else I happen to be doing, and this is why I made the program, I hope someone else can benefit from it as well. :)

Right now It's still in beta and I imagine there will be many bugs, as I'm just releasing it today, if you find a bug, please report it, either on the website, or here. I will fix them as quickly as possible. :)

Here is a link to the website: http://bawk.org/mindfulvisions/

Here is a link to the source code: https://github.com/jscix/Mindful-Visions

:namaste:
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Mindful Visions (Free Windows Software)

Post by kirtu »

How's about some screen shots?

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Here you go kirtu,

The reminder window:
Systray Icon:
Settings Screen:

Btw, There are quite a few bug reports atm.. I'm working on them today and should release a much more stable version tonight, or tomorrow. If anyone has had problems so far, I apologize. :)
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

A new version with many bug fixes is up. Unless some more major bugs appear, I will probably be working on the next version for a while. If anyone has suggestions for features they would like to see, feel free to leave me some ideas. Thanks. :)

Return to “Engaged Buddhism”