Small Laminated Deity Cards

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
ThreeVows

Small Laminated Deity Cards

Post by ThreeVows »

Does anyone know a good source for small - like 2x3 inches or so - laminated deity cards, like for green Tara, manjushri, etc?

I see a lot of options for 5x7 but I know someone who wants smaller ones, and it’s been surprisingly hard to find. She even ordered some thinking they were smaller and they came as 5x7.

Thanks.
“Whoever wants to find the wisdom beyond intellect without praying to his guru is like someone waiting for the sun to shine in a cave facing the north. He will never realize appearances and his mind to be one.”
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
PadmaVonSamba

Re: Small Laminated Deity Cards

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Seeker12 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:25 pm Does anyone know a good source for small - like 2x3 inches or so - laminated deity cards, like for green Tara, manjushri, etc?

I see a lot of options for 5x7 but I know someone who wants smaller ones, and it’s been surprisingly hard to find. She even ordered some thinking they were smaller and they came as 5x7.

Thanks.
3.7” x 5.5”
https://www.namsebangdzo.com/category-s/1304.htm

A company In Taiwan has a big selection of small cards in color, lenticular (3D), and color embossed on reflective cards, very cool and very inexpensive:
https://www.chuan-der.com.tw

And enter “thangka replica cards” or “Buddha cards” in the search window. They have the small size you are looking for, $40NTW ($US 1.45) each.

You may have difficulty navigating their website if you don’t read Chinese. However, using Google translator will help. Also, making payment may be a bit of a challenge, but I know they ship to the US and Europe, and they are very helpful even if you email them in English. You ought to be able to arrange something.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Www.dharma-arts.net in France, iconographically correct stuff, very well made.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Dharmaswede

Post by Dharmaswede »

conebeckham wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:27 pm Www.dharma-arts.net in France, iconographically correct stuff, very well made.
Oh my, thank you! Quite excellent materials, like the mantra garlands and seed syllables (some are surprisingly difficult to find in great print).
Damienabel108

Post by Damienabel108 »

You can use shutterfly. Choose an image and upload it. Then order wallet size. You'll get 4 2x3 pics. Also you can choose Pearl print which looks really good
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

Damienabel108 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:37 pm You can use shutterfly. Choose an image and upload it. Then order wallet size. You'll get 4 2x3 pics. Also you can choose Pearl print which looks really good
How is their quality compared to the other print-on-demand services? I've had mixed success in quality from the other services.

This is however a very good idea.
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
Damienabel108

Post by Damienabel108 »

As long as you search for a large photo, it turns out beautifully.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”