Terchen Karma / Ragon Ani Gompa

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Lingpupa

Terchen Karma / Ragon Ani Gompa

Post by Lingpupa »

I confess this is an idle question, prompted only by the "I wonder what ever happened to XXX?" mood.

About 30 years ago in Kathmandu I came across a "follower" (I think she would have been happy with that word) of this somewhat generically named lama, who was supposed to be responsible for a nunnery at "Ragon", wherever that is somewhere in Kham. The guy, who I never met, was a lay yogi type, evidently with some charisma, possibly associated with the Drikung. The woman (possibly in her early sixties by now) was Sarah Coventry, from Queensland. I met her a few times in the then Stupa View, along with a Chinese guy (was he called Lee? That wouldn't help us a lot!) and my then gf Rosie Fuchs, and we would all compare notes on where we had been that day and where or who was good to visit.

Google has not served me anything - in the case of Sarah Coventry, Google is swamped by a jewelry company with no connection at all. Oh, one last thing: to Sarah's embarassment (iirc) her mother was or had been a follower of the Dane "O.N." - you know who I mean.

Did anyone come across him or her since? Whatever happened to them? I'd love to know.
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”