7 Line Prayer Accumulation

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
ricc11961

7 Line Prayer Accumulation

Post by ricc11961 »

Hello, so i have found this website not to long ago
https://www.sevenlineprayer.com/

It is about Dungse Shenphen Dawa Norbu Rinpoche, the son of Kyabje Dudjom Jigdral Yeshe Dorje Rinpoche, requesting before his paranirvana in 2018 the accumilation of 21 billion seven line prayers!
I dont know where this is coming from but i really want that this goal is achieved. The benefits for all sentinent beings would be imense.

Im wondering how could these be achived? Do you guys have any ideas?
Obviously its not that easy, but not impossible.
If people were to respectfully ask garchen rinpoche for example and he would agree and ask the worldwide sangha to accumilate it then im pretty sure the 21 billion would be reached. On the website http://drigar-dargyeling.com/web/index. ... yu-lineage he accumilated a number for the white tara mantra that i dont even know how to say it. What comes after trillion?
I wrote the creators of the website and i told them about garchen rinpoche and they told me that they plan to approach him about it when the website is available also in tibetan wich they are working on.
Alternativly other big sanghas like fpmt?
Asking lamas with a big worldwide reach seems to be a important piece of the puzzle.

Please join this accumilation and spread the word, lets dream big :namaste:

Here is the copied text from the website

Why we are joining together to recite 21,000,000,000 and why this invocation is so powerful:

The Seven-Line Prayer, an invocation of the Indian Mahasiddha named Padmasambhava—also often referred to as Guru Rinpoche, "Precious Guru" and known as the Second Buddha—is not merely a prayer. It also functions as a method to awaken one's own primordial wisdom-mind according to the profound path of Ati Yoga. Although Padmasambhava is a historical figure who's known for establishing the Dharma in the land of Tibet, removing all obstacles and training his heart disciples; it's also understood that he achieved a miraculous state beyond death through which he can spontaneously benefit all those who address him with heartfelt devotion. The Seven-Line Prayer is universally known as the best means with which to do so.

One special revealer of Padmasambhava's hidden treasure teachings in the 20th century, widely considered to be both his emanation and regent, was Kyabje Dudjom Jigdral Yeshe Dorje Rinpoche (1904-1987). Dudjom Rinpoche's own son, heart disciple and lineage heir known as Dungse Shenphen Dawa Norbu Rinpoche, in the years prior to his Mahaparinirvana in 2018, often repeated this heartfelt advice to many of his disciples:

The most important activity to help dispel imminent global obstacles to peace and harmony, as well as environmental problems, disease and instability, is to recite and accumulate the Seven-Line Prayer.

At the time when Rinpoche last spoke of this in early 2018, he increased the number he felt would be able to shift our world's destructive course from one billion recitations to twenty one billion (21,000,000,000). The implication was that the negative potentials had gained so much momentum that it would require this immense number to turn the tide. Clearly this will require a global effort!

Now this is not an effort specific to one sangha or one lineage. Firstly, Dungse Shenphen Dawa Norbu Rinpoche has merged with the dharmakaya, so he can not oversee this, although he was an initial inspiration. Secondly, the only way to achieve such a vast number is through an egalitarian spirit of collaboration among monks, nuns, yogis and yoginis around the world from various sanghas, monasteries, nunneries, gars, etc. in a way never done before. And not just Nyingmapas, but from all schools, anyone who feels faith and devotion to Guru Padmasambhava. In an inspiring example of this, Kyabje Bhakha Tulku Rinpoche—an emanation of the great Terton Pema Lingpa—has fully endorsed this global accumulation, asking all those connected with him to join. He also graciously agreed to compose a short piece of writing on the benefits of this invocation, to help encourage everyone to join.
Already we have accumulated a great number, and are approaching 50 million, however this is a small portion of the vast goal. So please join and spread the word, and encourage others to as well. If everyone joins in with joyful diligence it is certain that we can accomplish our goal.

Each person who joins a vast collective accumulation like this—no matter the amount they contribute—gathers the same merit as if they had achieved the total on their own.

So let's use this time when millions of us in many countries are forced to stay at home wisely, to progress in this accumulation for our own protection and for everyone's benefit. And please share this website as widely as possible.
Attachments
7lp-bt-2.jpg
7lp-bt-2.jpg (443.6 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
7lp-bt-1.jpg
7lp-bt-1.jpg (273.78 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
Last edited by Ayu on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo in subjectline
Chenda

Re: 7 Line Prayer Accumilation

Post by Chenda »

Thanks for sharing. I'll try to contribute as much as I can.
ricc11961

Post by ricc11961 »

Thank you! Im glad to hear it.
I really hope the goal gets reached. :buddha1:
Last edited by ricc11961 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Yeah this is a great project. 21 billion is quite a lot but for sure doable. All it takes is plenty of us doing a bit every day. Reciting 1 mala of 7 line prayer takes how long? I think around 15 minutes if I remember correctly. So basically a very doable daily commitment and a nice idea for some "me time". I am in then. :guns:
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
rai

Post by rai »

Könchok Thrinley wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:01 pm :guns:
:good:
ricc11961

Re: 7 Line Prayer Accumulation

Post by ricc11961 »

Also maybe a good idea would be to make a zoom meetup to chant the 7 line prayer together. If 100 people would join and for example everyday everyone recites one mala of the 7 line prayer that would be for 100 people worth approximatly 324.000 recitations per month. If many sanghas, also smaller ones do that then this could be huge. Way more than hundred people would join that way. And it would also get the attention from lamas with a big worldwide reach and then thats the nail in the coffin :woohoo: but we have to start somewhere :!:
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
ricc11961

Post by ricc11961 »

Im really glad that people are joining this accumilation.
An important thing to do so this goal can be realized is to spread the word. So please consider writing sanghas per email or spreading the word in person.

I have written this text that i am gonna send to different sanghas in hope that they join.
Feel free to use this text but i dont think its written very good so also feel free to correct it :namaste:

Hello, not to long ago i found out about the site https://www.sevenlineprayer.com/

It is about Dungse Shenphen Dawa Norbu Rinpoche, the son of Kyabje Dudjom Jigdral Yeshe Dorje Rinpoche, requesting before his mahaparanirvana in 2018 the accumilation of 21 billion seven line prayers!
I copied this quote from the website text that cought my interest.

" in the years prior to his Mahaparinirvana in 2018, often repeated this heartfelt advice to many of his disciples:

The most important activity to help dispel imminent global obstacles to peace and harmony, as well as environmental problems, disease and instability, is to recite and accumulate the Seven-Line Prayer."

I dont know where this is coming from but i am passionate that this goal is achieved. The benefits for all of us would be imense. But i am wondering what would be needed to achieve this. I dont think it would as difficult if we all join together and spread the word. Especialy if lamas who have a big worldwide reach would join and request the worldwide sangha to join in this accumilation.
Maybe also zoom livestreams chanting it together? Every little bit would help.
I am praying to guru rinpoche that this goal is achieved and that we all benefit imensely.

I humbly ask this sangha to join in whatever way possible 🙏

Tashi Delek
Last edited by ricc11961 on Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”