using Ashwagandha as incense?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Toenail

using Ashwagandha as incense?

Post by Toenail »

I'm on holiday in Tenerife and I bought some Ashwagandha powder for a friend. In case he doesn't like the taste, could it be used as incense? He uses powdery incense on charcoal. Is Ashwagandha aslo burned in traditional use?
Malcolm

Re: using Ashwagandha as incense?

Post by Malcolm »

Toenail wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:22 pm I'm on holiday in Tenerife and I bought some Ashwagandha powder for a friend. In case he doesn't like the taste, could it be used as incense? He uses powdery incense on charcoal. Is Ashwagandha aslo burned in traditional use?
No. not that I am aware.
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

Toenail wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:22 pm I'm on holiday in Tenerife and I bought some Ashwagandha powder for a friend. In case he doesn't like the taste, could it be used as incense? He uses powdery incense on charcoal. Is Ashwagandha aslo burned in traditional use?
If not, be careful inhaling the smoke of things that aren't meant to be burnt.
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
Giovanni

Post by Giovanni »

Ashwaghanda is a member of the Nightshade family, so it’s smoke could well be toxic.
It’s name in Sanskrit means “ the smell of a horse” because the root smells like horses sweat, so I can’t imagine that it would make nice incense!

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”