Sutra for moving in new flat

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Toenail

Sutra for moving in new flat

Post by Toenail »

I was wondering if there is a sutra commonly recited or recommended when moving in a new flat/location. I want to do some pujas in my new flat for auspiciousness and was thinking about including some sutras. I already thought of sang/serkyem.
tobes

Re: Sutra for moving in new flat

Post by tobes »

Just a personal opinion, but I have found The Sutra of Golden Light really beneficial for bringing auspicious energies into a new environment.
jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 »

Toenail wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:51 pm I was wondering if there is a sutra commonly recited or recommended when moving in a new flat/location. I want to do some pujas in my new flat for auspiciousness and was thinking about including some sutras. I already thought of sang/serkyem.
The Tashi Tsegpa Sutra is a kind of catch all sutra for creating auspiciousness.
Attachments
Tashi_Tsegpa_Noble_Stack_of_Auspiciousness.pdf
(42.59 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Tlalok

Post by Tlalok »

Toenail wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:51 pm I was wondering if there is a sutra commonly recited or recommended when moving in a new flat/location. I want to do some pujas in my new flat for auspiciousness and was thinking about including some sutras. I already thought of sang/serkyem.
I believe the Heart Sutra is used for this purpose.
fckw

Post by fckw »

Potentially some naga pujas could also be helpful. Although of course the building already exists, having a new owner going in and out of it might potentially upset the nagas, and a puja could be good here.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Heart Sutra.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”