I would like to learn more about Rime.

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Budai

I would like to learn more about Rime.

Post by Budai »

Does anyone have any Teachers, websites, organizations, or books they can recommend me on the subject of Rime? Or any such things on the subject of Rime.

Also if anyone would like to educate me about Rime in Tibetan Buddhism I would be thankful, just from whatever you can explain to me that you think would be helpful. Om. :smile:
PeterC

Re: I would like to learn more about Rime.

Post by PeterC »

Read the bios of Jamgon Kongtrul and Khyentse Wangpo. The rime movement was basically an effort by them, their associates and disciples to collect, preserve and transmit a lot of minor lineages that were at risk of dying off. The key figures were for the most part Sakya-trained Dzogchen practitioners. It is not a 'school' in itself, nor were they trying to combine or blend any of these lineages. (Though later generations of their students might be a little flexible when it comes to how they present Mahamudra and Dzogchen. Perhaps.)
heart

Post by heart »

"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Svalaksana

Post by Svalaksana »

Have a look at this book from Shambhala, I believe it might help:

Looking but not seeing - that's my eye.
Thinking but not minding - that's my mind.
Speaking but not expressing - that's my tongue.
Traveling but not going - that's my path.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Könchok Chödrak wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:49 am Does anyone have any Teachers, websites, organizations, or books they can recommend me on the subject of Rime? Or any such things on the subject of Rime.

Also if anyone would like to educate me about Rime in Tibetan Buddhism I would be thankful, just from whatever you can explain to me that you think would be helpful. Om. :smile:
Rime is a name Sakyas and Kagyus use when they are actually Dzogchen practitioners.
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:26 pm
Könchok Chödrak wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:49 am Does anyone have any Teachers, websites, organizations, or books they can recommend me on the subject of Rime? Or any such things on the subject of Rime.

Rime is a name Sakyas and Kagyus use when they are actually Dzogchen practitioners.
Well there seems to be this not letting linages die kind of thing also.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”