Where to get a Damaru fast (online)

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Hazel

Where to get a Damaru fast (online)

Post by Hazel »

Hello all,

I was hoping to practice a Sadhana during my coming vacation, but it requires a Bell and a Damaru. I have the bell arriving hopefully soon, but I'm having trouble finding a Damaru under $60 that would arrive before or around Christmas.

Am I out of luck?

I contacted the dharma center that taught me the practice to see if both were necessary, but haven't heard back.

(honestly I'd pay more than $60 for something nice, but probably not over $100 unless that's what I should be expecting to not get junk)
cjdevries

Re: Where to get a Damaru fast (online)

Post by cjdevries »

"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche
Hazel

Post by Hazel »

So I asked about not using instruments or omitting just the Damaru.

What she said was use what you have, even if that's nothing.
Crazywisdom

Post by Crazywisdom »

Hazel wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:10 pm Hello all,

I was hoping to practice a Sadhana during my coming vacation, but it requires a Bell and a Damaru. I have the bell arriving hopefully soon, but I'm having trouble finding a Damaru under $60 that would arrive before or around Christmas.

Am I out of luck?

I contacted the dharma center that taught me the practice to see if both were necessary, but haven't heard back.

(honestly I'd pay more than $60 for something nice, but probably not over $100 unless that's what I should be expecting to not get junk)
Dharma Treasures in Eugene OR. They ship fast
Charlie123

Post by Charlie123 »

Crazywisdom wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:04 pm

Am I out of luck?

Dharma Treasures is in NorCal. You are thinking of Potala Gate. Either way, both are good.
Crazywisdom

Post by Crazywisdom »

Charlie123 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:53 am
Crazywisdom wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:04 pm

Am I out of luck?

Dharma Treasures is in NorCal. You are thinking of Potala Gate. Either way, both are good.
I was thinking of Potala Gate. Thanks

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”