Tomorrow is paranirvana of Chagdud Tulku

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
cjdevries

Tomorrow is paranirvana of Chagdud Tulku

Post by cjdevries »

Tomorrow (Nov 17th, 2002) is the paranirvana of Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche. Chagdud Tulku was a ritual master and a master of Dzogchen; in his autobiography he chose to forsake the traditional namtar (biography) where lamas were presented as spotless, spiritually perfected beings. He spoke of a childhood where he acted out and misbehaved; he talked about his mistakes; he wanted to show that being a human being is not easy, even if you are a reincarnated spiritual master.

"Don’t burden others with your expectations. Understanding their limitations can inspire compassion instead of disappointment, ensuring beneficial and workable relationships. Remember that you have only a short time together. Be grateful for each day you share." -Chagdud Tulku
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche

"Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Gandhi
KristenM

Re: Tomorrow is paranirvana of Chagdud Tulku

Post by KristenM »

Late reply here, but I have a little connection to Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche, and he was really a wonderful teacher. Thank you for this post.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

A short clip from "Wisdom Fire"

A short clip on the Parinirvana of Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche

Tribute to Chagdud Rinpoche
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
cjdevries

Post by cjdevries »

Thanks for the beautiful videos; I especially enjoyed the last video where his student was talking about being at the beach and having Rinpoche say to her "let's write poetry."
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche

"Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Gandhi

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”