Dudjom Tersar Ngondro

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
sicklicchavi

Dudjom Tersar Ngondro

Post by sicklicchavi »

Hi, I hope that you are all doing well. I am interested to hear about any experiences that anyone here has had with the Dudjom Tersar Ngondro and/or with Pema Osel Ling/Vajrayana Foundation. I've listened to some of the teachings from Lama Sonam Rinpoche and others, and I find the concise nature of the Dudjom Tersar Ngondro extremely attractive as a jumping off point to deepen my practice.

For those that have done this ngondro or developed a relationship with the teachers at POL/Vajrayana Foundation, what were your experiences like? Did you go on to do either of the more extensive ngondro's through this lineage (Khandro Tuktik or Troma Nakmo)?
Lingpupa

Re: Dudjom Tersar Ngondro

Post by Lingpupa »

My back-story is rather rag-tag, but I'd say you are on solid ground there.
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

Lama Tharchin was a good lama. I don’t know anything about how it’s been since he passed.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

sicklicchavi wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:56 pm Hi, I hope that you are all doing well. I am interested to hear about any experiences that anyone here has had with the Dudjom Tersar Ngondro and/or with Pema Osel Ling/Vajrayana Foundation. I've listened to some of the teachings from Lama Sonam Rinpoche and others, and I find the concise nature of the Dudjom Tersar Ngondro extremely attractive as a jumping off point to deepen my practice.

For those that have done this ngondro or developed a relationship with the teachers at POL/Vajrayana Foundation, what were your experiences like? Did you go on to do either of the more extensive ngondro's through this lineage (Khandro Tuktik or Troma Nakmo)?
Pema Osel Ling is Dudjom Yangsi Pema Shepa Dorje’s NA seat. Many people begin with Khandro thugtik or Throma Ngondro directly.
sicklicchavi

Post by sicklicchavi »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:21 pm
Pema Osel Ling is Dudjom Yangsi Pema Shepa Dorje’s NA seat. Many people begin with Khandro thugtik or Throma Ngondro directly.
Thanks for the response! Am I correct in understanding that all three ngondros have the same underlying practices, but that those two are more extensive in the number of repetitions required and the length of the recitations themselves?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

sicklicchavi wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:54 pm
Malcolm wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:21 pm
Thanks for the response! Am I correct in understanding that all three ngondros have the same underlying practices, but that those two are more extensive in the number of repetitions required and the length of the recitations themselves?
they have those sample basic structure, the verses for recitation in the KT and throma are four line, but not two line. But one really ought not be negotiating the number of syllables. One should just do whatever practice ones teacher asks one to do.
sicklicchavi

Post by sicklicchavi »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:40 pm
they have those sample basic structure, the verses for recitation in the KT and throma are four line, but not two line. But one really ought not be negotiating the number of syllables. One should just do whatever practice ones teacher asks one to do.
Got it, thanks! Agreed on number of syllables, was just curious as to the differences between the practices. I will defer to the teacher as to which is most appropriate.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

:good:
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

sicklicchavi wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:11 pm
Malcolm wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:40 pm
Got it, thanks! Agreed on number of syllables, was just curious as to the differences between the practices. I will defer to the teacher as to which is most appropriate.
Also, for the Khandro Thugthig and Throma Ngondros, one will have to receive the empowerment. The short Dudjom Ngondro is often give to beginners with any empowerment.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”