Making connection with Sitatapatra

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
cjdevries

Making connection with Sitatapatra

Post by cjdevries »

How does one make a positive connection with the White Parasol Deity; Sitatapatra other than reciting her mantra? Prostrations to her, offerings??
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche
Soma999

Re: Making connection with Sitatapatra

Post by Soma999 »

You may find an initiation of sitatapatra.

Trying to know more about her is already a kind of puja. Loving her who is one with your own nature. Draw, paint, dance in her honour. Think of her and feel your connection with her.
javier.espinoza.t

Post by javier.espinoza.t »

cjdevries wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:59 pm How does one make a positive connection with the White Parasol Deity; Sitatapatra other than reciting her mantra? Prostrations to her, offerings??
Sitatapatra mantra comes from Surangama Sutra, if i remember well. So if you want to make positive connection you should look there. Is a Mahayana sutra intended for monks, i believe.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Also try to receive the lung/oral transmission for Her dok-pa (reversal) practice. This is widely disseminated through all four schools. It is very, very effective.

Further, Just pray to Her in your own words and from your heart. We don't always need to recite someone else's prayers.

Good luck & best wishes.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
cjdevries

Post by cjdevries »

Thank you.
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche
AJP

Post by AJP »

Garchen Rinpoche has given the empowerment before may do so again😊
cky

Post by cky »

Ontul Rinpoche, too.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”