Help with a mantra/ Are you numb??

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Lhasa

Help with a mantra/ Are you numb??

Post by Lhasa »

Last week Chokyi Nyima's students had a virtual birthday party for him online. One of the offerings is a mantra that they did not write out...it sounds like : Om Lama rang nee, gee oom daye soha. Does this sound familiar to anyone? You can hear it here:https://dharmasun.org/birthday/ It starts at 1:57:00. Would appreciate if someone could write it out with the meaning.

If your heart has gone numb with all the violence and threats and changes going on, if your practice is dry...watch this video, the entire thing...Rinpoche bursts into tears and even as he teaches on unbearable compassion, there are tears in his eyes, all the way through the event.
heart

Re: Help with a mantra/ Are you numb??

Post by heart »

Lhasa wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:45 pm Last week Chokyi Nyima's students had a virtual birthday party for him online. One of the offerings is a mantra that they did not write out...it sounds like : Om Lama rang nee, gee oom daye soha. Does this sound familiar to anyone? You can hear it here:https://dharmasun.org/birthday/ It starts at 1:57:00. Would appreciate if someone could write it out with the meaning.

If your heart has gone numb with all the violence and threats and changes going on, if your practice is dry...watch this video, the entire thing...Rinpoche bursts into tears and even as he teaches on unbearable compassion, there are tears in his eyes, all the way through the event.
om muni muni maha muni ye soha, the shakyamuni mantra.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 »

Lhasa wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:45 pm Last week Chokyi Nyima's students had a virtual birthday party for him online. One of the offerings is a mantra that they did not write out...it sounds like : Om Lama rang nee, gee oom daye soha. Does this sound familiar to anyone? You can hear it here:https://dharmasun.org/birthday/ It starts at 1:57:00. Would appreciate if someone could write it out with the meaning.

Lama khyenno, Lama khyenno, Lama khyen khyeno, drin chen tsa wai lama khyen khyen no

Lama think of me; lama think of me; lama, think, think of me; greatly kind root lama think, think of me.

It's a common refrain in Calling the Lama from Afar prayers.

EDIT: Sorry, just got to the part of the video with the section you heard (video was slow to load). Perhaps it's a phrase in Nepal bhasa.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

They sound similar but I think the mantra Lhasa means is the mantra of Amitayus
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

:thanks:
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

I'd go with Amitayus given the situation.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Yes, could be "Om Aramani Jivantiye Soha"
Lost In Transmission
ratna

Post by ratna »

oṃ amaraṇi jīvantīye svāhā.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

lelopa wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:19 am Yes, could be "Om Aramani Jivantiye Soha"
aramani??? :oops:

it is as ratna wrote: amaraṇi
Lost In Transmission

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”