Page 1 of 1

What to do with not so "nice" statues of Buddhas?

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:54 am
by gyamtsotrinle
Hii friends,

I found that I have at home some statues of Buddhas but they are not so "nice" in face and as a whole and they are made from plaster and wood. Sure it is not for shrine and also I do not want to throw them to trash bin. Is it ok to dig them in the earth in the garden?
Thank you for the answers
P

Re: What to do with not so "nice" statues of Buddhas?

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:25 am
by Grigoris
gyamtsotrinle wrote:Hii friends,

I found that I have at home some statues of Buddhas but they are not so "nice" in face and as a whole and they are made from plaster and wood. Sure it is not for shrine and also I do not want to throw them to trash bin. Is it ok to dig them in the earth in the garden?
Thank you for the answers
P
What do you mean "nice"? I have plaster and wood statues that are really nice.

Re: What to do with not so "nice" statues of Buddhas?

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:35 am
by gyamtsotrinle
I mean that their face and also some others part of body is little bit damage.

Re: What to do with not so "nice" statues of Buddhas?

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:03 am
by Ayu
Most important it is to have respect for any kind of Buddha's statue or image. The value is "inside".
What ever you do with it, do it with respect.

Re: What to do with not so "nice" statues of Buddhas?

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:42 am
by Grigoris
gyamtsotrinle wrote:I mean that their face and also some others part of body is little bit damage.
Why don't you give them away?

Re: What to do with not so "nice" statues of Buddhas?

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:15 pm
by Kim O'Hara
Ayu wrote:Most important it is to have respect for any kind of Buddha's statue or image. The value is "inside".
What ever you do with it, do it with respect.
On the bank of the Mekong near Luang Prabang there are a couple of caves where monasteries 'retire' unwanted Buddha statues - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pak_Ou_Caves.
A possibility like that for ordinary people would be to take the statue into the forest somewhere and set it up as a little natural shrine. Eventually it will become part of the forest.

:namaste:
Kim

Re: What to do with not so "nice" statues of Buddhas?

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:17 pm
by Redfaery
gyamtsotrinle wrote:I mean that their face and also some others part of body is little bit damage.
Can you repair the damage, or just patch over it?

If you really don't want to put them on your shrine, why don't you set aside some other space for them in your home where people can see them and plant good seeds?

Re: What to do with not so "nice" statues of Buddhas?

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:51 pm
by pemachophel
Take the statues into the woods somewhere and leave them in a sheltered, secluded spot, such as under a rock overhang or in a small cave. You can also make a small "stupa" out of rocks to "house" them. Please do not throw them in the trash.

Good luck & best wishes.

Re: What to do with not so "nice" statues of Buddhas?

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:02 pm
by gyamtsotrinle
Thank you for your advices,..
To put it to the forest sounds very good and have some sens,.I will do it like this.
All the best

Re: What to do with not so "nice" statues of Buddhas?

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:18 pm
by Queequeg
If I found a Buddha in the woods on a walk, I'd be delighted, nice or not. :smile: