Treasure Vase Info

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Konchog1

Treasure Vase Info

Post by Konchog1 »

Oddly, I find a good source on treasure vases.

What do you do with them? Can you open them?
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
dzoki

Re: Treasure Vase Info

Post by dzoki »

Treasure vases are used to bring prosperity etc. For example in Dujom Rinpoche´s text on treasure vases it says (not exact quote): If you put them into country, harvest will be bountiful, if you put them into house, the household will prosper.
So they can be buried in earth to make the land harmonious and prosperous or put in your shrine, to make your home prosperous. You probably should not open them once they were blessed, but that´s just my idea. Anyways you won´t find anything in there that any common person would consider a treasure. There are blessing pills of medicine, cube pyrite as a support for yakshas, lado (a life stone for Dharma guardians), some yantra diagrams, mantra rolls, incense etc.
pael

Post by pael »

What is Treasure Vase? Where you can get them?
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Most emphatically, do not open once it has been consecrated in a drubchen. Also, Treasure Vases should be reconsecrated once per year. This is commonly done using yang-gug (hooking wealth) puja. Keep on your altar or other clean, high, special place in your house. Make offerings to the vase. For instance, you can make the seven or eight outer offerings (arghyam, padyam, pupe, dhupe, etc.). A Deity or Deities reside in the vase. So there are Lama Nor-lha Treasure Vases, Norgyunma Treasure Vases, Dzambhala Treasure Vases, Naga Treasure Vases, etc. If burying the vase in order to bless a region and restore yang/wealth energy, there is a puja that goes along with this (if possible). Treasure Vases can also be buried under the foundation of a new house or building to insure yang/wealth energy. Treasure Vases not only confer the blessings of material wealth and abundance but also spiritual wealth. Bottom line, I highly recommend getting one. Check out the Saraswati Bhawan website. Lama Dawa consecrated a number of Treasure Vases in Mexico not long ago. I think there are some left.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

We once consecrated a whole bunch of treasure vases at the end of a Mahakala Drupchen, using a special sadhana of White Six Armed Mahakala. I've got two of the vases--one is in my shrine, and one is buried under my shrine house.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Tsultrim T.

Post by Tsultrim T. »

We keep all together in a separate chest in our shrine room. Most are not meant to be displayed as other shrine items, but kept hidden away to increase yang. As long as a wealth puja is performed once in a while it should "recharge" them.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”