Special Days

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Danny

Re: Special Days

Post by Danny »

There used to be an open source alpha software for free download many years ago, that was a very detailed calendar that used to include the type of positive and negative spirits that were linked to the hours and minutes etc, it was very good. Does anybody know if it’s still around?
Many thanks.
Sorry but was such a longtime ago I forgot the name.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Danny wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:47 am There used to be an open source alpha software for free download many years ago, that was a very detailed calendar that used to include the type of positive and negative spirits that were linked to the hours and minutes etc, it was very good. Does anybody know if it’s still around?
Many thanks.
I wrote one based as closely as possible on an excellent calendar written Buzz --- (I don't remember Buzz's last name) who passed away. After his death his excellent calendar couldn't be updated. I made an attempt at making a similar calendar but mine didn't have positive and negative spirts by hours and minutes. Buzz was an astrologer and had at least some familiarity with Tibetan astrology and was able to include that information.

I have been thinking about another attempt at that calendar but I'm still not an astrologer and there are now many excellent Android apps that cover this ground already.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Danny

Post by Danny »

kirtu wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:48 pm
Danny wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:47 am There used to be an open source alpha software for free download many years ago, that was a very detailed calendar that used to include the type of positive and negative spirits that were linked to the hours and minutes etc, it was very good. Does anybody know if it’s still around?
Many thanks.
I wrote one based as closely as possible on an excellent calendar written Buzz --- (I don't remember Buzz's last name) who passed away. After his death his excellent calendar couldn't be updated. I made an attempt at making a similar calendar but mine didn't have positive and negative spirts by hours and minutes. Buzz was an astrologer and had at least some familiarity with Tibetan astrology and was able to include that information.

I have been thinking about another attempt at that calendar but I'm still not an astrologer and there are now many excellent Android apps that cover this ground already.

Kirt
Thanks for the info, I’ll keep looking around, but not really finding one that’s satisfactory.

Cheers
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Rishi Star days 2022: September 9th - 15th

There is a discussion of the Rishi Star practice here and at a few places online.
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."

HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

This Friday, 21 July, 2023 is Chökhor Düchen, the anniversary of Buddha's First Turning of the Wheel as celebrated in the Tibetan Buddhist calendar.

This is a major merit/demerit multiplying day (merit is multiplied 100 million times) so practicing on Friday and avoiding all negativity would be excellent.

An overview of Chökhor Düchen by the Samye Institute.

HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”