Drubwang Konchok Norbu Rinpoche

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Mirror

Drubwang Konchok Norbu Rinpoche

Post by Mirror »

Hello, please do you know anything about this highly realised teacher? I would be glad for any information about his teaching, life, practice, etc. just everything what you know about him. Thank you so much :)
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
lelopa

Re: Drubwang Konchok Norbu Rinpoche

Post by lelopa »

a web-search is not sufficient?
The ancient translators - Kawa Paltseg, Vairocana - all concentrated on meaning, on the real sence. Even if the words do not correspond perfectly between Sanskrit & Tibetan, they concentrated more on the essence. Those who translated later concentrated more on the literal text, on the words.
ChNN
Mirror

Post by Mirror »

lelopa wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:24 am a web-search is not sufficient?
He wasn't so famous in the frist place. There aren't many informations about him. I was just hoping that some of you saw him personally and practised with him.
heart

Post by heart »

I met him and have an old friend that was his student. His style of teaching in public was very simple, unsophistacted. The one I was present at he was talking about the benefits of reciting the mani mantra. Then suddenly sung a song going something like "I rather have a mani than a cow" and so on. I heard that when he was in Nepal up in the mountains people had a lot of faith in him a offered him big stacks of money. When it got cold in the evening he just throw them on the fire. My friend say that he talked with the protectors and asked them questions like they where present in the room. It was quite difficult to get proper teachings from him I remembered my friend said.

I also participated in a group interview that I thought was quite interesting. We presented ourself and he asked if we had any questions.
Long time practitioner: "Rinpoche, could you explain how to rest in the natural state during everyday activity?"
Drubwang Konchok Norbu Rinpoche: "I can't tell you that. First you have to find a genuine master. Then you have to apply the teaching he give you step by step. If you go around asking teachers this kind of questions, one will tell you "do like this" and an other will tell you something else and you will just get really confused and have no idea what to do."

I think that was a good answer. :smile:

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Mirror

Post by Mirror »

heart wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:52 pm I met him and have an old friend that was his student. His style of teaching in public was very simple, unsophistacted. The one I was present at he was talking about the benefits of reciting the mani mantra. Then suddenly sung a song going something like "I rather have a mani than a cow" and so on. I heard that when he was in Nepal up in the mountains people had a lot of faith in him a offered him big stacks of money. When it got cold in the evening he just throw them on the fire. My friend say that he talked with the protectors and asked them questions like they where present in the room. It was quite difficult to get proper teachings from him I remembered my friend said.

I also participated in a group interview that I thought was quite interesting. We presented ourself and he asked if we had any questions.
Long time practitioner: "Rinpoche, could you explain how to rest in the natural state during everyday activity?"
Drubwang Konchok Norbu Rinpoche: "I can't tell you that. First you have to find a genuine master. Then you have to apply the teaching he give you step by step. If you go around asking teachers this kind of questions, one will tell you "do like this" and an other will tell you something else and you will just get really confused and have no idea what to do."

I think that was a good answer. :smile:

/magnus
Thank you so much! Very nice experience! This is what I was looking for. I was right that some of you met him. Thank you

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”