Bring me your mind and I will pacify it for you.

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Re: Bring me your mind and I will pacify it for you.

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Jak wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:20 am
Crazywisdom wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:50 am Holy hell yet another pissed off Buddhist. My advice... Relax. What people say is not important.

But you know what? I think they got under your skin. They're saying something that scratches an itch.

We look at our own minds but upon looking there's nothing to find. Even Buddha's tongue was silent on the subject.
honestly i just had exactly this experience. Johnny Dangerous is a bodhisattva, unironically. incredible.
the knot got brought up reading his last post. i would start typing but it was so agitated, and would have to stop and.....relax, physically.
relaxing i was able to see the experience was confusion, sadness, frustration. i think i had to start and stop like five or six times to do the same exact thing. each time the agitation would come up and i would just relax like a bump on a log, and by the end had an affect like dead-faced "oh really?" which might still be experienced as condescension but i'm pretty sure it would play over better than the agitation.
from now on whenever i feel the agitation come up i'm just gonna go full bump on a log, make as few statements as possible, be honest but quiet, and engage mostly by asking questions about the other's statements or experience.

damn only like 30 posts in and already on to phase 2!
Welcome to DW, we've all been there lol, pretty regularly for some us:)
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”