What are the differences between various bodhisattvas and how does one's choose which to follow?

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
UltimateArts13

What are the differences between various bodhisattvas and how does one's choose which to follow?

Post by UltimateArts13 »

A common answer I receive is simply connection.
weiyang7999

Re: What are the differences between various bodhisattvas and how does one's choose which to follow?

Post by weiyang7999 »

Generally speaking, Manjushri represents wisdom. If you want to become wise, you can pray to Manjushri; Avalokitesvara represents compassion. When danger occurs, you can pray to Avalokitesvara to get incredible help; Vajrapani represents strength. If you want to become a powerful person, you should learn the behavior of Vajrapani Bodhisattva.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: What are the differences between various bodhisattvas and how does one's choose which to follow?

Post by Ayu »

UltimateArts13 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:21 pm A common answer I receive is simply connection.
Because they are all the same in their essence, there actually is no need to become too picky about whom to "choose", I believe.
Therefore "connection" is not such a lame answer as it might seem.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”