Thinking of abandoning Buddhism and its teachings

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Malcolm

Re: Thinking of abandoning Buddhism and its teachings

Post by Malcolm »

Sādhaka wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:21 pm
Malcolm wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:39 pm
Queequeg wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:36 pm
The last thing we want is a bunch of tech bros designing the world.
Actually, we hope they leave for Mars, ASAP.

Aren’t a lot of those guys ones who push many pc and/or left agendas though? I’m not saying that they are sincere in their doing so; but just that they seem to be doing it whatever reasons they may have.

I mean isn’t amazon, google, apple, etc. with their pc/leftism more or less tech-bro driven?

Of course there are the Elon Musk types who I guess could be considered more ‘conservative’-leaning tech-bro. At the same time it also looks like Musk (see microchip in brain) is all about the very transhumanist agenda that he claims to warn us about....
Tech bros are mostly libertarians, actually. People who work in marketing, etc., not so much.
Brunelleschi

Post by Brunelleschi »

Bikkhu87 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:28 pm I definitely leave the group Dhamma Wheel, if the moderators want to unsubscribe me from the group I will not enter any more. Thank to all for the answers, buddhism is not for me, the scientific worldview is not totally in agreement with Buddhism. It is a functional and correct philosophy, but not beyond what the Kaizen philosophy can offer me.

I continue my personal search in the TuringChurch. With metta.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

OK, it seems the OP has made his decision to leave Buddhism, and the conversation has run it's course.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”