Rebirths: couples and vajra siblings

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Damchö_Dorje

Rebirths: couples and vajra siblings

Post by Damchö_Dorje »

Do romantic couples (individuals and their partners) + groups of vajra siblings take births together?
If so, for what purpose? How do they work with circumstances so the birth occurs?
When Vajrayana practitioners encounter each other on the path, is it likely they had encountered one another in prior rebirths?
Sometimes I've encountered people who said "life before last, I was . . ." and I don't know what to think about speaking so openly.
I've also had people who spontaneously impacted me very strongly, even people I never met.
I've read in postings on here that it's better for samaya reasons if practitioners of a feather flock together, romantically speaking.
I don't encounter a lot of queer Buddhist practitioners, but am getting a divination about partnership concerns.
One of my teachers is very kind about this, and has retreat land given by non-heterosexuals.
In general, I don't understand what it means to have vajra siblings or people of particular weight on the path.
I haven't had much opportunity to do the collective practices like tsog or ganapuja with others.
Is it worthwhile to care about these matters? This feels like a missing piece of the puzzle for me because of isolation.
Are there texts that teach on these questions?

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”