Resources on dealing with demons / evil spirits?

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Giovanni

Re: Resources on dealing with demons / evil spirits?

Post by Giovanni »

Schrödinger’s Yidam wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:33 pm
Giovanni wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:02 pm Surely Buddha Activity cannot be unilateral? It arises from shunyata. Unilateral activity arises from individual will..no?
Just as the sun has not intention or willfulness to shine, there's no will, deliberation, assessment, or whatever in Buddha Activity from this perspective. It just happens "When the Clouds Part" (which is the title of a book by Brunnhölzl).
I think we are in agreement...🙂
tobes

Post by tobes »

Crazywisdom wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:35 am
tobes wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:57 am
Crazywisdom wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:40 pm
It doesn't require a Buddha to practice a Vajrayana Sadhana.
Indeed, so one probably shouldn't claim to be doing Buddha activities.
That's what Vajrayana Sadhanas of activities are for, dude. It's a samaya. You are aware of Sadhanas that end with a ganapuja then you do some, pacification, enrichment..., Etc.? That's for a practitioner to do not a Buddha. Although, if done right one isn't into a dualistic mindset of Buddha there and me here.
Yes, I am aware of this, and I personally practice in such a way. But frankly I'm less quick to claim to myself that I am doing so with realisations of shunyata or at least conventional bodhicitta.

In any case I was simply reporting on what HHDL has explicitly taught. It is profound and worth contemplating.
Natan

Post by Natan »

tobes wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:11 am
Crazywisdom wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:35 am
tobes wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:57 am

Indeed, so one probably shouldn't claim to be doing Buddha activities.
That's what Vajrayana Sadhanas of activities are for, dude. It's a samaya. You are aware of Sadhanas that end with a ganapuja then you do some, pacification, enrichment..., Etc.? That's for a practitioner to do not a Buddha. Although, if done right one isn't into a dualistic mindset of Buddha there and me here.
Yes, I am aware of this, and I personally practice in such a way. But frankly I'm less quick to claim to myself that I am doing so with realisations of shunyata or at least conventional bodhicitta.

In any case I was simply reporting on what HHDL has explicitly taught. It is profound and worth contemplating.
The method is wisdom. It's more profound for me. We practice what we are taught by our lamas.

Mod note at the end of 2023: The topic is locked due to it's age.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”