Video of Buddha's relics

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Ant1

Video of Buddha's relics

Post by Ant1 »

I just wanted to share with everyone a video I found of an exhibition with 10 000 relics of the Buddha:

Honestly, the sense of peace and wonder I felt when I saw them was indescribable T.T
Budai

Re: Video of Buddha's relics

Post by Budai »

Seems very cool! Authentic, miraculous, and Transcendental Buddhist wonders of Shakyamuni! I recommend anyone to watch this video if they want a short break from the Saha world. Thank you so much Ant1!

Om Muni Muni Mahamuni Soha.

:buddha1:
FiveSkandhas

Post by FiveSkandhas »

1-Kasuga-Deer.jpg
1-Kasuga-Deer.jpg (75.73 KiB) Viewed 388 times
Deer-shaped reliquary from the early-medieval Nara Period, Japan. The Buddha-relics are encased in the flaming Jewel atop the deer and you can make them out a bit Owned by Kasuga Shrine, a Shinto institution that once, in that era, practiced a form of Hybrid Shinto-Buddhism and thus has a number of old Buddhist treasures.

I was blessed enough to view Buddha-Relics at Kasuga some years ago and hereby dedicate any merit from that experience to all my Dharma Brothers and Sisters on Dharma Wheel.
:anjali:
"One should cultivate contemplation in one’s foibles. The foibles are like fish, and contemplation is like fishing hooks. If there are no fish, then the fishing hooks have no use. The bigger the fish is, the better the result we will get. As long as the fishing hooks keep at it, all foibles will eventually be contained and controlled at will." -Zhiyi

"Just be kind." -Atisha
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

I believe the Thai monarchy possesses some relics that have been carbon dated and the results line up with estimates of the Buddha's appearance. Pretty amazing.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”