Garchen Rinpoche phowa recording

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
cjdevries

Garchen Rinpoche phowa recording

Post by cjdevries »

Here is an updated link to Garchen Rinpoche's phowa audio recording. He recommends to play it after the deceased's last breath.
It is said to be as effective or nearly as effective as an actual phowa: https://garchen.net/wp-content/uploads/ ... -alone.mp3
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche

"Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Gandhi
FiveSkandhas

Re: Garchen Rinpoche phowa recording

Post by FiveSkandhas »

Garchen Rinpoche seems to me to be an authentic living treasure.
"One should cultivate contemplation in one’s foibles. The foibles are like fish, and contemplation is like fishing hooks. If there are no fish, then the fishing hooks have no use. The bigger the fish is, the better the result we will get. As long as the fishing hooks keep at it, all foibles will eventually be contained and controlled at will." -Zhiyi

"Just be kind." -Atisha
Budai

Post by Budai »

This kind of energy is what drew me to Buddhism 13 years ago, and the power of such a powerful Enlightenement for the sake of the passing is my driven hope to save others in this world. This recording is reminding me of a time I spent in a crematorium, in full Buddhist Metta. That experience changed my life forever. I wish this recording would just go on!
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Brahma wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:39 pm This kind of energy is what drew me to Buddhism 13 years ago, and the power of such a powerful Enlightenement for the sake of the passing is my driven hope to save others in this world. This recording is reminding me of a time I spent in a crematorium, in full Buddhist Metta. That experience changed my life forever. I wish this recording would just go on!
You can loop it.
karmanyingpo

Post by karmanyingpo »

Thank you so much for sharing this. Any way to use it with someone who you are not in close physical proximity to?
cjdevries

Post by cjdevries »

i don't know, over the phone maybe?
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche

"Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Gandhi

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”