Mantra to recite on behalf of young children

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
cjdevries

Mantra to recite on behalf of young children

Post by cjdevries »

Here is a standard Mahayana Buddhist mantra that is beneficial to recite for young children, to help their merits from past lives becomes activated into virtues in the present life:

Guna Ratna Sila Dharani

Kung te pao shan shen chou
na mo fo to yeh na mo ta mo yeh na mo seng chieh yeh
an hsi ti hu lu lu hsi tu lu chih li po chi li po
hsi ta li pu lu li so po ho

Uses: you can recite this mantra for an unborn child or for a child under 5 years of age. This mantra helps to convert and transform your child’s positive karmas and merits from previous lives into virtues in the present life. The virtues can be used to protect and bless this child and help this child to eliminate calamities, and obtain safety and good fortune.

you can also recite this mantra for yourself, it helps to transform your good deeds and merits into virtues, as virtues can eliminate karmic obstacles. If during a certain period of time, you have performed many good deeds and collected much merit, and you would like to pray for a specific issue, then you can recite this mantra to receive aid for this specific issue.
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche

"Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Gandhi
SilenceMonkey

Re: Mantra to recite on behalf of young children

Post by SilenceMonkey »

In chinese

功德寶神咒

南无佛陀耶 南无达摩耶 南无僧伽耶。
唵 悉帝护噜噜 悉都噜 只利波 吉利婆
悉达哩 布噜哩 娑嚩诃

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”